Dance of the Moonlight Jellies

Some things happen between the farmer and Haley before the event of the moonling jellies. 

Notes at the end of the fic

----------------------------------------🌻

The last day of summer arrived, Haley was feeling a little melancholic remembering all the things she had done this year, to be honest she had forgotten the last time she had had so much fun.

As the days went by, Haley and ____ had become a little closer, picking out clothes for her, meeting at the beach when the farmer went fishing, taking pictures at the lake, she even stopping by to say hello when she was at the ice cream stand.

"It'll be nice, if it's like this next year" she thought.

Haley decided to go to the mountains near Robin's house that day to photograph the trees as the sun went down, as it would be cooler and there would be no risk of her getting sweaty and ruining her makeup.

However, she didn't want to use up all her new film. She wanted to get lots of shots of the jellyfish at the event that night.

She hadn't seen the farmer today. Maybe she was just busy, or maybe they hadn't seen each other since she'd been in the mountains. She didn't think much of it, remembering that she had told her and Emily that she would see them at the beach.

She took another photo, eager to show the pictures to Emily, Alex and the farmer. Haley had a feeling they would like them very much.

Then she remembered that there was a picture of the farmer in a roll of film she had at home. It wasn't as if she had deliberately taken a picture of her, it was just that she had snuck into the picture, smiling and holding a bunch of sunflowers.

A small part of her, deep in the back of her mind, was sad that summer was over because the sunflowers would not grow until next year.

She wasn't sad that she wouldn't get any more sunflowers. She was just a little worried that the farmer wouldn't talk to her as much because of it, after all they had grown closer because of them.

She shook her head in denial, thinking that the farmer would still talk to her without the sunflowers, after all they didn't need the flowers to talk.

The clock on her watch read 6pm, it was time for dinner, maybe she could relax for a while and read a book until it was time to go to the harbor on the beach.

She looked at her own reflection in the crystal clear water of the river, tucking a few strands of her blonde hair behind her ear. She didn't need to touch up her makeup and her outfit was just right. Everything looked like it was going to be a good day, or so she thought.

From the entrance of the cave by the river she heard a disturbing noise.

Haley sat up from the shock, she wanted to run away, as a child she had heard stories of monsters that lived in the mines.

Then she realized that it sounded more like the voice of a human being in pain than a monster. That scared her even more. Maybe someone had an accident in the mine! Ready to hit a bat or two, Haley plucked a large branch from the ground and went into the cave.

But what she saw stunned her. Lying on the ground just outside the mine elevator was _____, injured and whimpering from the pain in her left leg, which was bleeding and showing signs of having been hurt by some creature.

Haley dropped the branch on the ground and ran over to _____ in a hysterical tone of voice. She scared the farmer a little, not expecting to see the young woman in the mines of all places,

-____! What happened?!, are you having much pain?, can you get up?

The taller woman tried to wrap her arms around the farmer's waist to help her up. But it only made her hurt more.