Coconut

Haley woke up in a bad mood. There had been thunderstorms almost every day this week. That ruined their plans to go to the desert, even though she didn't feel like going anymore.

Since that day, she had been thinking about her feelings. Okay, maybe she was a little interested in ____, but why?

What did she like about her? Haley wondered in the darkness of her room. She was used to being popular, getting all the attention of men, even love confessions from them all the time. Even though she was never interested.

Why was she suddenly fixated on a short, curly haired, farm girl?
She knew that she was very quick to judge people by their looks, admittedly it was a flaw of hers, but until now she had never thought about having a romantic relationship with another woman.

Although, she believed that she was only interested in _____.

Her smile was pretty and her voice was sweet. She liked the look on her face when she teased her. She also liked how considerate she was to others, how she always was happy to lend a hand to anyone if needed.

She loved how she worked hard every day on the farm. Hell, she even liked her scent of freshly cut grass and fruit.

Just thinking about it made her cheeks flush and her heart pound in her chest.

"I'm screwed, aren't I? This is what it feels like to have a crush on someone?..." she thought, squeezing her pillow to her chest.

What was she going to do now with these new feelings?

"There's really nothing you can do anyway."

The rational part of her mind spoke, whether she had feelings for the farmer or not, she was in love with her older sister, Emily.

Her mind traveled back to that day at the mayor's house, she looked happy.
Her heart shrank.

The reasonable thing to do would be to step aside and be happy for her, wouldn't it? Emily would surely return her feelings eventually. And then they would...

The childish part, so to speak, didn't want to accept that, she wanted the farmer for herself, and now that she accepted that she liked her, she didn't want to let go.

-Ughhhhh...this is the worst....

She felt like a terrible person for thinking all these things and especially for being aware that she had to tell Alex everything sooner rather than later, they had been together for so long and now she had to be honest with him about this.

But then what?

Haley sat up in bed and rubbed her face. There was no point in thinking about it now.

She was about to get up for breakfast when she heard someone knocking on the front door, Emily answered and soon after knocked on her bedroom door.

-Haley, are you awake? You have a visit

She hid under the blankets, trying not to make too much noise, she wanted to pretend to be asleep. What if it was the farmer? She didn't want to see her right now, not while she was like this.

-Haley? Alex is here looking for you.

The young man's voice could be heard in the background.

-It's okay Emily, I just wanted to drop this off for Haley.

-I'm coming!

Haley jumped up and out of bed, quickly brushing her hair to make it as presentable as possible and walked out the door, surprising Emily and Alex.

Emily stepped aside and went to the kitchen, leaving them alone in the living room.
Alex smiled at her as always, he was wearing a jacket and had his umbrella by his side.