The Luau

Again, sorry for any mistakes I may have !
I hope you like the second part
---------------------------------------🌻
As every year she attended the Luau with her sister and Alex.

-"Let's go! It will be fun!"

That's what Emily said, but she seemed to be the only one of the two having fun on the dance floor as she lazily watched the waves at the seashore.

The atmosphere was lively with the Pelican folks on the beach to celebrate the Luau, the mayor never spared any expense during this event, it was not surprise as the Governor visited them to eat the traditional soup every year.

With the noise of the music and the crashing sound of the waves she couldn't hear what Alex was saying, she wasn't that interested anyway, she was more focused on not moving too much, she didn't want the sweat to ruin her makeup.

A brief thought crossed her mind as she lost herself in the sound of the sea, would the farmer be attending the Luau? The mayor always asked that all the villagers attend the event so surely she would have received a letter about it.

As if by magic, as if summoning her, the shy farmer appeared at the entrance of the beach, it was easy to recognize her with that hat. Since that day in the town square she never spoke to her again, sometimes she saw her carrying things or on her way to the tavern in the afternoon-evening.

It wasn't as if she cared, she just caught her attention, that is all. She greeted everyone, while adding an ingredient to the soup.

-What do you think, huh? Haley? - Alex snapped her out of her thoughts and turned to look at him.

-Ah... sorry the music didn't let me hear you, what were you saying? - Alex repeated the story of how his dog had caught the ball in the air, but Haley was distracted again, this time the farmer had come to greet Emily but she couldn't hear her, she was too focused on her dance.

Haley couldn't help but giggle.

- What a silly-

-What? - Alex looked at her in confusion, this brought Haley out of her thoughts once again, realizing she had said it out loud.

-Oh! Sorry, it's just that... it's kind of funny- she hurried to say, trying to sound calm, now she felt silly.

- What's funny? - The young man looked at her with his head tilted to one side, not understanding what she was referring to.

- Hello, guys! - A voice behind them surprised them both, it was the farmer who after saying hello to Evelyn and George went into them to say hi. She had a nervous smile on her face, maybe she felt she was interrupting something.

Haley turned back to the sea, Alex on the other hand smiled at the farmer.

- Hi, ______. It's a perfect weather for a party, isn't it?

The farmer nodded.

- I was just saying hello to everyone, are you guys going to dance?

Asked the girl with genuine curiosity, noticing that they were close to the dance floor. Haley denied.

-I would, but I don't want to end up all sweaty.

The farmer and Alex nodded smiling. It seemed that the girl wanted to continue talking but the mayor called her, the Luau was about to begin, the farmer excused herself and said that will talk to them later.

Haley again watched her walk away, Alex noticed.

-You like the new farmer, huh?

Haley looked back at him with a chuckle.

-Of course not, I just think I should recommend her a good hair shampoo and maybe a new set of clothes, don't you think?

Alex didn't quite understand, Haley seemed annoyed that he kept suggesting she liked the farm girl. In general she never liked anything to do with farm life.

Shortly they were all called over to enjoy the soup together.

It seemed strange, but this year the soup tasted much better than in other years. The Governor agreed.

Maybe it was because there was a new ingredient? Haley was not sure.

Note: