Chapter 8

Jisoo POV:

We reached Taehyung's office and it was.. really big. I got done from the car and we went inside. He showed is ID and we got passed through. "It's really beautiful the office" I said. "Isn't it?" He replied looking around the building. I stepped inside the elevator and we went to the 7th floor. Taehyung walked into a room as I followed. There were many people there who greeted him and some greeted me as well. I smiled and shook hands with them. 

"Jisoo, meet by boss, Mr. Lee. Mr.Lee this is Kim Jisoo, my photography partner" He said confidently. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kim Jisoo" He said as he extended his hand out and which I politely shook. "So Taehyung, how are the photos going?" Taehyung's boss asked him. "Very well sir!" He replied while looking at me. I slightly smiled. 

Taehyung and his boss were discussing some important things about their work while I was just standing there. Just then I heard someone say my name "Hey Jisoo right?" He said to me. I nodded. "Yeah, hi, I'm Vernon" He said. "Glad to meet you" I replied. "Here come take a seat" He said as I sat down near him. "So you are working with Taehyung?" He asked me. "Yeah" I said. 

"Cool! I'm doing one on my sister, Sophia. Her life is pretty interesting." He said as I laughed. "Hey who you talking with Vernon?" Asked another guy near him. "Jisoo, she's Taehyung's partner" Vernon said to him. "Hi I'm Joshua" He said. "Jisoo" I replied. 

"You're from Korea right? Sorry I'm asking, it's just it's nice to meet people from your area" He said which made me slightly chuckle. "Yeah I'm from Seoul" I said. "Cool! I'm from Los Angeles, but my parents are Korean which practically makes me Korean as well" He said. 

"I'm from New York. My mom's American and my dad is Korean" Vernon said. "That's cool" I said. "So are you and Taehyung like?.." Joshua asked me. "No no, it's nothing like that. We are just friends" I said. "Oh really? Because I think he glanced at you like 50 times just now" Joshua said. I looked back at Taehyung and he quickly took his eyes away from me. 

Was he looking at me? I felt my face turn red. Aishh Jisoo stop!! You are in front of people. "It's okay no need to hide it" Vernon said. "He's a really nice guy. I mean I was new here as well but getting to know him, made me feel like I was here from a long time." Vernon said. 

"Hey guys what's up" Taehyung said to Vernon and Joshua. "So I see you've met Jisoo" He said while eyeing me. "Yeah, you got a cool partner bro" Joshua said to Tae. "Yeah I knew that from the beginning" He said. My face started doing the same thing as it was before. It suddenly started getting hot in the room. 

"Anyways we'll get going" Vernon and Joshua said. "Yeah, we'll catch up later" Taehyung said to them. "So what were you discussing with your boss?" I asked. Why did I even do that? That really doesn't concern me. He's going to think I'm a creep now. 

"Well he was pretty impressed seeing the photos I have taken of you" He said smiling at me. "That's great Tae" I said to him. "Yeah. So it's almost lunch time and I was thinking we could go out for lunch. Just you and me?" He said. I was actually happy he asked that. "Yea sure" I simply replied. 

Time Skip: 

Right now we were in a cafe for lunch and Taehyung was telling his order. After a few minutes our lunch came. We both started eating in silence until he broke the silence when he cleared his throat. "I- was actually wondering if you ever had a boyfriend before? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I was curious. It's okay if you don't want to tell." He said. I stopped eating for a second. Should I tell him? I mean nothing is going to change if I tell him or not. "Yeah I did" I said but before he could speak I took the lead. "But we never met" I quickly added. "It was long distant?" He asked. "More distant than that, it was an virtual relationship" I told him. 

"You dated him without knowing who he was?" He asked slightly as if he was mad. "He was a good guy. In fact more than a good guy. That's the reason I fell for him." I said. "What's his name?" He asked me. 

What was his name? Was his name just V? That really never popped up in my head. I told him mine but all he said was to call him V. 

"V" I said. "V?" He addd. I nodded. "And now what happened?" He asked me. "He lost contact. I tried to find out why or try texting him but nothing worked." I said getting old memories back. "Why didn't you face time? Wait did you guys even call?" He asked. I shook my head as a no. 

"We thought of not calling each other and just wait until we meet." I said. "And when was that?" He asked. "Never" I replied. Tears were filling my eyes. Tae looked at me with concern. "Hey I'm sorry for asking these stupid questions and making you feel sad. I really am sorry" He said while taking my hand. "It's not stupid Tae. He did leave me to be by myself when I needed him the most. He never texted back, and you know what I still check now for his texts. But it's no use. He was my everything Tae. We were both planning to come here to Paris together, but you could take the "we" out of that sentence." I said while a few tears fell down my cheek. 

Taehyung was looking at me with full concern. I noticed I was crying. I quickly wiped the tears off my face. "I'm sorry I just lost control" I said. "Hey it's okay" He said. We ate the rest of our food while he was telling funny stories about Jungkook and Lisa. 

Time Skip: 

It was evening and the sun was about to set as we were walking down the streets of Paris- and finally I was not alone. I started to think about how gradually my life has changed. I was first broken and lonely and now suddenly I'm laughing my heart out and smiling genuinely. Taehyung is the reason behind all this. I'm glad I went to his talk at first which I found pretty stupid then. Being with him were some magical moments to me. His simple gestures and his small smiles that come when he looks at me. 

It gives me a new feeling. Something that hasn't come to me ever. 

"The sky is beautiful isn't it?" He said while looking up. I looked where he was looking but then turned to the side. I was looking at him. His hair which was slightly flying because of the Paris breeze and his lips parted. "Yeah" I replied. He then looked at me. "Thank you Tae" I said to him. He didn't reply but simply just smiled. He was still looking up. "You know it was very rainy in Paris before" He said. "But that was only before you came into my life" 

"Jisoo, I can't imagine my life without you. I met you only a few days ago but those were the few days that made my life more beautiful." He said. I looked at him. My heart fluttered to what he said. Was I hearing things? 

"They say nothing lasts forever, so can I be your nothing?" He said and with that he took steps closer to me and closed the gap in between us. "I love you" he murmured