Black and White

MHA Reacts to RWBY

Episode 16: Black and White

Remember the cast doesn't see the title of the episode it creates Mystery.

00:30 - 02:27

The episode starts with Blake and her newly found monkey faunus friend, Sun. More importantly, Blake opens up to Sun about her past as the audience leans in and listens carefully to every word that Blake is going to say, and everything she speaks out is the truth.

The audience took a step back when Blake said that she was an ex-member of The White Fang, but she didn't just mention her former status but her whole life.

Blake mentioned that Weiss and Sun's view of the White Fang being a criminal group was not wrong, and that was also the majority opinion of the entire audience. What they didn't know is that the White Fang today as a lowlife group wasn't always as it was. The origin story of the White Fang didn't start as a group of juvenile group, but rather as a symbol in the hopes of a peaceful union of coexistence of Humans and Faunus.

"Wait, what." Ochaco said she and the rest of the audience didn't expect this truth.

The White Fang was supposed to be a dream, not a nightmare. To live equally with humans. However, Humankind was the one who made the dream impossible. Treating and threatening Faunus like they weren't even people only because they weren't humans.

It was Human's ignorance and arrogance that made the idea of unions between Humans and Faunus impossible, it was just a matter of time before the White Fang had to stand up for themselves. Not with weapons and dust, but with the voice in the form of a peaceful protest.

It turns out that Blake didn't join because she wanted to, she was born in it. Her family were lending their voices to fighting for equality and Blake grew up towards every single protest.

The League of Villains and the Heroes notice similarities between The White Fang and The League of Villains. Their main goal is to change society, but the White Fang is more interested in equality and peaceful coexistence. What's interesting their not villains, but the entire race of Faunus wanting equality with humans without fear or hate from the eyes of humankind.

All Might realizes that in some way the White Fang's dream was similar to his. the White Fang was supposed to be the symbol of peace for social interaction between Faunus and Humans.

All Might also realizes that even if he was born in the world of Remnant, His dream of being the Symbol of Peace could never truly happen. He cannot stop the conflict which is the threat of the Grimm. Surely he could slay them, but can't truly get rid of them.

Blake also mentions it was only a small measure of five years that the White Fang went to more of a violent approach. Due to a a new leader who stepped in and changed the fight. From peaceful protest into organized attacks. Hence the train heist when they first met Blake with her ex-boyfriend. Due to the attacks from the White Fang, Faunus kind was getting the respect that they wanted, but done with the power of fear.

Which is why Blake left the White Fang. What they're doing to earn respect with an iron fist wasn't what she wanted, but it gave her the reason to leave the White Fang, to atone for what they did and promise the universe that she would use her badass skills to do good, as a Huntress.

She also admits that she is a criminal hiding in plain sight with the help of a little black hair bow.

After Listening to Blake's story the entire audience was completely wrong about Blake and the White Fang. They had no clue how bad it truly is to live in a world that fears and hates them for being a Faunus. True there are Mutant Type in the audience, but not everyone grew up in a kind community like Tokoyami and Asui, someone like Spinner and Shoji had it rough because they were different.