Window Scrubbing

Izuku told Eri about what happened, and she was sad that Izuku would have to spend the rest of the day making sure Grim and Ace followed through on their punishment, but she understood why he had to do it. She did tell Izuku that she was having fun with the ghosts, which made Izuku happy.

 She did tell Izuku that she was having fun with the ghosts, which made Izuku happy

Grim: I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!

Izuku: Be lucky he didn't tell you to wash all the windows in the school.

Grim: What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!

Izuku: .....

Grim: .....

They waited.

Grim: ......

And waited, but Ace never came.

Grim: ... And now he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us!

Izuku: We should look for him.

Grim: Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! C'mon, Izuku, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!

They looked around for any sign of Ace, but they couldn't find him. They were now searching a classroom.

Grim: Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya! Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?

???: Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here.

Izuku and Grim turned to the person who spoke and they were surprised to discover that it came from a painting that seemed to move on its own. Izuku was amazed by what he was seeing, but Grim was shocked like he never saw one before.

Grim: Bwaaah! That painting just talked!

Painting on the Wall: Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school?
The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one.
As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?

Izuku: Well, where I come from, paintings don't usually talk.

Painting on the Wall: Well, your "usual" and my "usual" clearly differ. Shall we agree to disagree on the matter? Now, you seem to be searching for someone.

Grim: We're lookin' for this guy called Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face.

Painting on the Wall: Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago.

Grim: Myaaah! So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us! Do you know which way he went?

Painting on the Wall: The door to the dorms is in the eastern building.

Grim: Let's chase after him, Izuku!

Izuku: Normally I'd say we shouldn't since you might get into more trouble, but you'll probably just ignore what I said and go after him instead.

Grim: Well, come on then.

Izuku (mind): *sigh* Something else is going to happen today, I'd better stay with him to make sure nothing else happens.

And that's it for this chapter, I can already tell where this is heading, but I don't have to spoil what's happening just yet. Till next time, see ya.