An Urgent Deadline

Izuku, Ace, and Deuce managed to chase Grim back to the Cafeteria, but he wasn't making it easy for them.

Ace: Argh! Stop jumping around like that!

Grim: Heh heh heh! Catch me if you can!

Grim managed to get onto one of the chandeliers, which made Ace and Deuce very upset.

Deuce: No fair climbing up onto the chandelier, you coward! I haven't really learned flight magic yet... What could I summon to hold onto him...? Hmmm... Oh! That's it!

Ace: Did you come up with somethi- Oh, hey! Stop! What are you doing?! Why are you pointing your pen at me?!

Deuce: Because I'm going to launch you.

Izuku (mind): And this is what I was worried about.

Ace: Are you kidding me?! Bwaaah!

Ace started floating off the ground.

Ace: Put me down! Seriously, do not launch me! Abort! ABORT!

Deuce: Just make sure to grab him tight. I've got him in my sights, and... Go!

Ace: BWAAAAAAAH!

Ace was launched up to the chandelier and managed to catch Grim, unfortunately the chandelier couldn't take the force of Ace hitting it and fell down with them.

Grim: MYAAAAAAAAH?!

Izuku: The chandelier!!!

Izuku quickly rushes towards the falling chandelier and uses OFA at 20% to catch it, unfortunately, it was much heavier than he thought, and he was being crushed under the weight, but he kept holding it up to make sure he didn't drop the chandelier and risk it breaking.

Ace: *Cough* *Cough* *Hack* I cannot believe you just did that!

Grim: Myaaah...

Deuce: Oh, right! I probably should have come up with a way to soften your landing after you caught him...

Ace: You complete and total moron! We got Grim, but we almost broke the chandelier! If the headmage finds out about this-

Crowley: If I find out about... what, dear Ace?

Ace: Ah! Headmage Crowley...!

Crowley: YOU. TWO. AGAIN. What have you done this time?!

Grim: Myaaah... Everything's spinning...

Crowley: Almost burning a statue wasn't enough for you? Now you've nearly destroyed a chandelier?! Enough. All of you are expelled.

Deuce & Ace: Whaaaaaaaaat?!

Izuku: Ngh, headmage, please help me.

Crowley: Oh my, Izuku?! Don't worry, I'll get you out of there!

Crowley used his magic to carefully lift the chandelier off of Izuku and placed it gently down.

Crowley: Are you alright?

Izuku: Yeah, not the heaviest thing I had to hold up, but it was close.

Crowley: That's a relief. As for you three.

Deuce: Headmage, please! Give me a second chance! I can't get expelled from this school! I need to be here!

Crowley: Then blame yourself for your own foolish behavior.

Deuce: I'll pay for the damages! However much it costs!

Crowley: That chandelier is no mere light fixture. It is a magical chandelier. Its candles are powered by a magical energy source, enchanted so that they will burn for eternity. It was created for us by a legendary artificer. Possibly their finest creation. It has been here since the school was established, and I imagined it would be here forevermore. Considering its historical value, I would estimate its worth to be no less than a billion thaumarks. And you intend to repay that sum?

Deuce: A... A billion marks?!

Ace: B-But I'm sure with your magical talent, sir, you could snap your fingers and fix it right up!

Crowley: Even magic has its limits. Furthermore, its magestone - the figurative heart of any magical artifact - is cracked. A magestone cannot easily be replaced. I fear the candles of this majestic chandelier will never burn again.

Ace: This is bad...

Deuce: What am I going to do?! How am I going to tell my mother...?

Crowley: Ah...! But there may be on way. One tiny sliver of chance to repair this chandelier.

Deuce & Ace: There is?!

Crowley: The magestone that powered this chandelier was mined from the Dwarfs' Mine. If you can acquire a magestone with the same properties, it may be possible to repair it.

Deuce: Then I'll go find a magestone! With your permission, sir!

Crowley: I should caution you that I cannot promise there yet remain magestones to find. The mines were closed quite some time ago. It is quite likely that all of the magestones have already been mined.

Deuce: I will do anything to avoid expulsion, sir!

Crowley: Hmmm... Very well, then. I will suspend your expulsion for a single night. But if you fail to return with a magestone by morning, then all three of you are expelled.

Deuce: I understand, sir! Thank you very much for this opportunity!

Izuku: Sir, is it alright if I go with them?

Crowley: What? But Izuku, you aren't the one at fault.

Izuku: I know, but I feel responsible. If I had stopped the fight back on Main Street, maybe none of this would have happened. And if I had just paid more attention to what Grim was doing, maybe he wouldn't have sneaked off, and gotten onto the chandelier. I want to try and make up for it. And I don't want to feel responsible for their expulsion.

Crowley thought to himself for a moment and then spoke.

Crowley: Are you sure you want to do this, Izuku?

Izuku: Yes sir.

Crowley: *sigh* Alright, I'll allow it, but please do return safely, I don't want to worry Eri.

Izuku: I won't let you down, sir.

Ace: *Sigh* Fine, then. Let's hurry down there, find a magestone, and get this whole thing done with.

Crowley: You should be able to reach the Dwarfs' Mine instantly by using one of the gates in the Mirror Chamber.

Deuce: Yes sir!

Grim: Myah! Wh-? Where am I?!

Izuku: You may end up wishing you'd remained unconscious.

They arrive at the Mirror Chamber and Deuce steps up to the Dark Mirror.

Ace: Maaan... How did I end up in this mess? I swear, I have the worst luck.

Deuce: We don't have time to complain. Let's go. Dark Mirror! Take us to the Dwarfs' Mine!

The Dark Mirror started to ripple and then a bright flash of light came, and then they vanished.

And that's it for this chapter. Luckily Izuku was able to avoid the threat of expulsion, hopefully, they'll make it back with the magestone. But until next time. See ya.