An Endless Hunt

We return to the moment the heroes managed to get the magestone.

Grim shoots a fireball that manages to deter the monster.

Grim: We got the magestone! Now let's get outta here!

Ace: Roger that!

Izuku: Let me carry it.

Deuce: Okay.

Deuce gave Izuku the magestone, and for a sliver of a second Izuku felt something tingle, but he paid no mind to it and quickly he put the stone in his bag. They quickly ran towards the entrance to escape, but the monster was now enraged.

Monster: MYYY STOOOOOOONE!

The group managed to escape the mine and were outside the cottage.

Ace: Are you kiddin' me?! It's still coming! It pushed off all that weight!

The monster approached them and they could tell it was intent on killing them and getting the magestone back.

Monster: Ooooooooogh...! Giiive it baaaaack...!

They tried running away, but the monster was catching up to them.

Deuce: It's too fast! It's about to catch us!

Izuku: But we've weakened it! If we strike now...

Ace: Aw, fine! Let's just smash the thing. Try not to wet yourself, Deucey!

Deuce: Same to you, Ace!

Grim: I'm gonna show ya why they call me Grim the Great!

Grim started off the fight with a fireball and soon the other two joined in.

Ace: Izuku, can you use your strange power to help us.

Izuku: I'll try.

Izuku charged up OFA and used a Detroit Smash on the beast, it seemed to do some damage, but it quickly got back up. The monster turned its attention to Grim and was getting closer.

Grim: A l-little help here?!

Izuku: GRIM?!

Just then a cauldron appeared and fell on the monster's head.

Monster: Ooooooooogh...!

Grim: Phew, thanks Deuce.

Deuce: But I didn't do that.

Grim & Ace: Huh?

They turned to Izuku and were surprised to see that there were sparkles coming from his hands.

Ace: How'd you do it, I thought the Dark Mirror said you didn't have magic.

Izuku: I don't, I don't even know how I did that.

Deuce: We can figure that out after we get back, right now let's take care of this monster.

Grim: Right.

They got into fighting stances and continued with the battle.

(Pretend it's Izuku, Grim, Ace, and Deuce)

Deuce: *Pant* *Pant*

Ace: Is it... over?

Grim: I think... we won? I think we did it!

Deuce: All right!

Ace: Woohoo!

Grim: Gimme a victory high-five!

Deuce, Ace, & Grim: Yeeeah!

Deuce: We couldn't have done it without you Izuku.

Izuku: Aw, guys.

Grim: Yeah, that was amazing.

Izuku: Thanks guys, but I'm still wondering how I was able to summon that cauldron before.

Ace: Maybe the headmage can help with that. Hey uh, you guys wouldn't mind if we were, um... friends.

Deuce: Uh... I don't know,but if it means we can get to know each other better, I'm willing to do it.

Ace: Yeah!

Grim: Yeah!

Ace: Y'know... admittedly... We mostly won because of your plan.

Deuce: Yeah... if you hadn't managed to keep your cool and tell us all what to do, we never would have got this magestone. Now I won't get expelled. And wow, is THAT a relief!

Izuku: We won because we all worked together.

Ace: Yeah, and it's thanks to you.

They hugged Izuku and they enjoyed it very much.

Ace: Hey, can we just go home already? I'm wiped.

Grim: Usin' all that magic made me hungry! Huh? What's this?

Deuce: Is that a part of the monster we just beat? It looks like

Deuce: Is that a part of the monster we just beat? It looks like... a magestone? But it's black as coal! I've never seen one like that before.

Grim: Sniff* *Sniff* What IS this? It smells amazing!

Ace: Are you insane?

Grim: Must be some kinda fancy monster candy that it was hidin' from us! If this tastes half as good as it smells... *Chomp*

Izuku: Did you seriously just eat that?!

Grim: MYAAAH!

Deuce: Are you okay?!

Ace: That's what you get for eating trash!

Grim: Oooooogh... Urrrgggh... That... was AMAZING!

Izuku, Ace & Deuce: What?!

Grim: Rich in flavor and full-bodied... Like sweet, fragrant flowers burstin' into bloom on my tongue. A whole field of 'em! Right in my mouth!

Ace: Gross. Monsters must have real weird tastes.

Deuce: You might be onto something there... Most humans don't take random stuff they find on the ground and just pop it into their mouths.

Izuku: Are you sure you're okay, Grim?

Grim: Myah ha ha ha! Man, was that great! Don't worry about me. I don't got a weak stomach like you humans do.

Ace: Hmph. We'll see if you're so smug when you're sick later tonight.

Deuce: Okay, let's pull ourselves together. We need to get this magestone to the headmage!

They leave the area and return to Night Raven College, happy that they won.

And that's it for this chapter, I bet you weren't expecting Izuku to be able to use magic, I figured if he and Eri are going to stay at the school, they should at least be able to learn how to use magic, but there's something unique about Izuku's magic, but I'm not going to spoil it till the next chapter. Till next time, see ya.