A Lesson Learned

The group returned to Mirror Chamber where they tell Crowley abou their success.

Crowley: Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?

Deuce, Ace, & Grim: Uh...? Yes?

Crowley: I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents.

Grim: Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!

Crowley: "Monster"...?

Ace: Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!

Crowley: Would you kindly relate this story in full?

We now go to Crowley's office where the group explains what happened.

Crowley: Hmmm. So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me? Not only that, Izuku was also able to cast a spell that one of you knew.

Ace: Yes.

Deuce: It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time...

Crowley: Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhh! *Sobbing*

Grim: What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At this age?!

Crowley: In all the decades I've worked at this school... The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!

Deuce: Okay, that's stretching it a bit!

Ace: Okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?

Crowley: At this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes were justified. Izuku, my doubts are allayed! For you... You possess the talents of a beastmaster.

Izuku: A... A beastmaster?

Crowley: My students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others.

Grim: You make it sound like that's a bad thing.

Crowley: But you, Izuku, previously possessed no magic. Yet in spite of that - or perhaps because of it - you were able to convince those who CAN use magic to work together for a common goal. The everyday, humdrum mundanity you possess may be exactly what Night Raven College needs!

Ace: But... none of those words are good things?

Crowley: Izuku... I am convinced that people like you, and Eri are necessary for the future of this school. My educator's intuition tells me so. Trappola, Spade - I hereby revoke your pending expulsions! Furthermore, Izuku... I am granting you the qualifications necessary to attend at Night Raven College!