2| 𝕰𝖓𝖌𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉

KASHI'S POV

KASHI'S POV

He turned to look at me, and my breath caught in my throat as I beheld him-tall, masculine, and intimidating.

But how could he like me? Perhaps he was just playing around.

I wasn't planning to marry someone I liked; I would marry the one my parents chose for me. It is not that I deliberately limit my options, but due to my lack of emotional intimacy and trust with others, particularly in matters of the heart, the opinions of my parents hold greater significance for me.

Gaining some courage, I rose from the couch and walked to the door.

"Bas pasand? Dekh lijiye kahin pyar he toh nahi ho gaya na?"

[Oh you like me? I was wondering if you have fallen in love with me too.]

I mocked, shaking my head as his words seemed unreal.

Opening the door, I stood there, waiting for him to leave.

"Hum aapse shadi karna chahtey hain," he repeated.

[I want to marry you.]

Lifting my eyes from the ground, I responded, "Hume mat kahiye yeh sab. Bahar bethe humare badon ko kahiye,"

[You can say this to our elders sitting outside.]

I was motioning with my hand for him to speak to my elders.

"I have to take a call." He muttered in an annoyed tone as his phone rang.

Nodding, I left the room, closing it behind me.

I moved to the nearby washroom and wiped my tear-stricken face. Oh god, I looked so awful. After patting my face dry, I hurried back to my room on the first floor, grabbing the moisturizer to hydrate my skin. Then, I went downstairs to the hall. There, I saw Papa, Mummy, Massi, Mausa Ji, and three more people.

"Kashi, are you feeling better now?"

Mummy asked, and I nodded, "ji."

"Ok, come here," Papa called, and I walked over to the unfamiliar guests.

There was an old man and a woman, both seemingly in their sixties, they exuded an air of richness. I didn't look at their faces but I could feel their presence, my eyes were down.

I bent down to receive their blessings, feeling their gentle pats on my head. Returning to Papa's side, I settled beside him.

"Mr. Agnihotri, this is my daughter, Kashi,"

Papa introduced, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I smiled at him and then turned my gaze to the two elders.

My throat went dry as I observed the imposing figures before me. The man who appeared to be Mr. Agnihotri sat there in a black coat and pants, his white hair framing a chiseled beard that suited his face. A low bun at the back of his head added to his intimidating presence. He had a cut on his eyebrow, which sent a shiver down my spine. He is the Chief Minister of our state, I am not much into politics but I have seen him on television.