20| 𝕮𝖚𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕳𝖎𝖒

KASHI'S POV

KASHI'S POV

It was midnight, and hunger stirred me awake. Strange, isn't it? But these are just my pregnancy harmones.

Glancing at my phone screen, I saw a smut story open. I need to stop reading dark romance; if someone finds out, I'll be doomed. Quickly shutting the app, I got out of bed, feeling tired.

Yesterday was chaotic with Vyom and Avaira's drama, and sending Saira back home was no less dramatic. She cried as if her life depended on staying here. We were all tensed and it became difficult to send her away. Finally, Eyana and Arhaan managed to calm her down and take her home. Eyana later told me that Saira was very cranky upon returning home.

With Amani it feels like I am living with my favorite celebrity. She inspires many young girls with her independence and resilience. We had dinner together, but they stayed in the outhouse for privacy. Amani's young brother was quite and the way he was eating food and behaving astonished me.

Why am I thinking about all this in the middle of the night?

I left my room and quietly made my way to the kitchen. The darkness of the house scared me, but I controlled my fear and continued knowing no one can hurt me in this place.

I nearly jumped in surprise when I saw Mr. Agnihotri in the kitchen. He was in his usual office attire, wearing AirPods and pouring himself some juice.

He raised an eyebrow at me as he stirred the spoon. "The shipments?" he asked, his hazel green eyes drilling into me.

I was scared of him, yet his presence was strangely seductive. The moonlight highlighted his tall frame, his white shirt clinging to him like a second skin.

Gulping, I couldn't help but admire his muscles, clearly defined even from above his clothes.

"Did you touch Nandini?" I blurted out, unable to resist staring at his body shamelessly.

He choked on air and coughed before yelling into his AirPods, "Shut up, I'm fine."

I watched his lips move, noticing how pretty they were. Why hadn't I seen this before, Kashi? My subconscious questioned.

Maybe I was too preoccupied to notice him?

"What kind of question is that?" he asked, removing the earpiece and walking towards me.

"Answer it," I demanded, feeling angry at the thought of them together.

Now he stood in front of me, arms folded across his chest. "Is my sweet siren jealous?" he taunted with a smirk.

I wanted to punch him so bad.

"I hate you!" I yelled, turning on my heels to leave. He couldn't mock me like that.

Suddenly, I felt a tug on my wrist, and I fell against his chest. Instinctively, I gripped his shirt, crumbling the sleek fabric in my fist.

"Why would I touch that bitch? Huh?" he asked, wrapping his arm around my waist and lifting me up, causing me to shriek.