LIBRARY MEET

Last night, I kept on thinking that what should I do, where do I go because if I refused to attend the ball, my father won't ever talk to me again. Yes, my father the Colonel Mr.Wilson. When I was a child I barely got attention from him. I accepted the fact that Army man relates deeply with his country more than a family but I missed my dad in childhood. He used to come once in six months at home and on those days, he was always busy in his side business.

But my mother tried her best to be with me but she was more of a wife to father. The only thing that made me some closer to mother was her birthplace, the town of 'Ooty'.I loved living here.This place taught me friendship and a way of enjoying the special moments with beautiful people.

But dating someone never came on my list of things to do. Because I don't believe in dating, I want love which can fill in the emptiness of my life.

Oh! No, I'm again late for school, I murmured to myself while sitting beside the window with a number of thoughts in my mind. I packed up my bag, tied belt on my pant, and finished up with a blazer on my shoulders. I looked up in the mirror and assured my mind that "I have to get a date at any cost."
"Who's your date Aiden", Lily asked me with her strange blue eyes.
"I don't know", 'And yours'.
"Victor Steve, the cutest in 12 science"
"Good luck Lily."

Suddenly I saw a girl in black pant and white sweater coming towards me, she was Grace Lane. Her look was really boring and repetitive as compared to other teenage girls. Even her attitude was like an introvert or maybe egoistic. But while she was walking towards me. I felt something strange that I never felt before. She kept on moving and I tried to ignore her.

"Hey look, who's coming, the black pant girl"
Henry said it in a way making fun of Grace.

"How boring her attire is , such a low class",Alice said.

Grace stopped in front of me continuously looking at me with her black fishy eyes. It was the first time I saw her closely. I was out of my senses at that time. Her face features were so beautiful like her fishy eyes with dark eyebrows, her nose was slightly pointed following her light pinkish lips.

Her silky black hair were usually tied up in a bun but were still shiny. Finally she smiled and said
"Hi, I'm Grace Lane from BE Department."
Her smile was so peaceful that I wasn't even able to say a word. I don't know how but she was the first person who had a courage to talk to me without hesitation, and I thought that she's a nerd.

"Are you Aiden Wilson from Science B"
I was surprised that she knew my name.

"Yes I am" I answered in a low voice as my friends were around me.

"You have to come with me in library."
I was shocked at that time and thought that wheather she needed me to find a book for her or she wanna ask me for something else. I could see Ms.Carter sitting on the front chair in the library. Both of us greeted her morning and moved towards her.

"Aiden and Grace, you are going to be together in the Ball as partners" Ms. Carter said in a way of giving an order.

We both looked at each other in a strange way because I already didn't had a date but what about her?

"So, are you rejecting your date for me."I asked her.
"It's an order from Ms Carter, I have to accept it", she answered in an innocent voice but with arrogant attitude.

Grace seemed a nice girl but full of confusion. I mean to say that she was a mixture of distinct personalities like she came to me smiling but her talk was egoistic.

But at the same time she was partner for ball and that event was really important for me.
The only fact I knew about Grace was that she was an outstanding performer in academics but what about dance. She seemed to be boring by her outfits but what if she could beat everyone else at Ball. So many thoughts were passing through my mind about Grace. But I had no other option besides choosing her as my Ball partner.

But without knowing anything about her, I wasn't able to build a Ball chemistry with her? Umm. Yes, the English class is the only way to know more about her

So, finally Aiden Wilson was going to make some efforts to know about a girl.

"A mysterious girl Grace Lane."