BALL NIGHT

Alice was right, the night was all about thunderstorm, I was really upset as I never wore a suit on a rainy event.

As I entered inside the hall, there were lots of couples wearing shimmery outfits including our school teachers who were in their formals.

"Where's your Grace", Sabrina asked me.
"She must be on her way, and one more thing you must mind your own business, it would work for you". I replied and left her sight.

People always thought that I am rude to Sabrina for no reason. Actually Sabrina was the most popular girl of the school. Maximum of the boys were attracted to her.
She had her own car and a bunglow at the outskirts of the town.

She was the daughter of Gwen Carter.
So she was close to my mom, but I was never fond of her. But she had a crush on me since grade 8th.

I walked towards the entry gate of the hall,
and stood there to wait for Grace. I was really feeling low at that time because she was punctual and always on time but on that day it was 7:30 and she wasn't there.
I literally lost the hope that she will come, so I turned my back to the ball.

While I was walking towards my car, I heard her soothing voice calling my name.

"Aiden, I'm here"

I turned towards her and what I saw was the moment I never expected. What was that moment? How could I describe it in words? I never felt like that before. I had never seen anything like that in my life.
It was so gorgeous.

Grace Lane was so beautiful.

She stepped towards me wearing glittery glass heels which became more beautiful on her feet.
I could see her long midnight black hair touching her lean waist.
A white rose shaped clip was shining in her hair like a moon in the dark sky.
I couldn't believe that my mom gifted us same colour outfits.
She was wearing a long red velvet off-shoulder ball gown.
That dress flaunted her waist in an intimate manner.
The corset on her waist was so pretty with that flowy floor length gown.
Her neck was covered with white pearled necklace that I wasn't able to take my eyes off her.
Her eyelashes were kinda sooty like fire flames.
She wore red lipstick that made her lips look more seductive.

She looked at me and said with a smile,
"How am I looking"

"I can't describe, just one word,"Unbelievable ".
I said and wrapped her hands around my arms and walked towards the hall.

Every person in the hall continuously srarred at us like they were watching us for the first time. Actually they were stunned by Grace.

"Why are everyone looking at me "she asked.
"Maybe they had seen someone like you for the first time", I replied with a smile.

Couples were lined up and it was time to hit the floor with classical moves of Ball dance.

So I asked Grace, "Will you dance with me Ms. Grace Lane", I asked her.
"Why not", she replied.

I had a doubt that wheather she knew how to perform as a couple or would I struggle to make her feel comfortable but the picture changed.

She took my hands and wrapped it around her sensual waist.
I felt relaxed and calm when her heavenly hands got wrapped around my neck.
I was lost in her erotic black eyes, it was like a miraculous moment of my life.
Everyone around faded because of her luminous beauty.
I don't know what but something was in her soul, something incredible.
Her persona touched my soul with each dance move we had that night.

"Aiden, the music is over", she whispered in my ears.
I looked around me and observed that Ms.Carter was gonna make an announcement about the winning couple of the ball.
"It was a memorable night for all of us, and now it's the moment to announce the ideal pair of the year".

Me and Grace were not very interested in that. But Sabrina was sure that she's gonna win as she considered herself a diva.

"Do you wanna win", Grace asked me.
"I already won something more precious than this title", I replied to her in a kind voice.

"And the winner is Mr.Aiden Wilson and
Ms.Grace Lane from grade 12.

I was surprised for me not for Grace because she really performed well. She deserved it, I was just a part of her. She held my hand and walked to the stage.
She made every person uncomfortable who ever talked negative about her.
Ms.Carter crowned Grace with a beautiful white emerald crown and paired it up with a sash on mine and her shoulders.
I could observe the face expressions of the people who made fun of her, especially Alice and Henry, after all we defeated the chemistry of the hot shot couple.

I saw my mom coming to me and Grace with a happy face as she always wanted me to do win.
"Oh! Darlings, I'm so proud of you both", she said and gave us a warm hug.

She laid her hands on Grace's cheeks and said "Thank you sweetheart for making him win."

Kevin was both surprised and happy watching me win. He came to me and hugged me tightly as usually.

"You seem so different dude"
"She's changing you", Kevin said.
"What're you talkin' about", I replied in a strange voice.

"Don't ignore your feelings"
"You are falling for her", he said and left the hall.

Grace came to me and said "It was a lovely night, see you again."

"Can I drop you hone"I asked.
"Yes, on one condition"
"We will go by walking "she said.

"I would love to do so" I replied and we left the hall.

*************
*********