A WALK

I never walked on an empty road at the midnight especially with a girl.
Grace also made me do this. I wasn't able to say no to her in any situation. As we were walking, wind started blowing rapidly, lightning again striked on the ground, trees started shaking in the direction of wind.

"You might be feeling cold", I asked her as she was shivering.
"No, it's fine, my mind always generates bad ideas", she replied in an amusive way.

"No, it's interesting, life is all about new experiences", I said to make her not feel bad about it.

She was still shivering as the wind became more cold and tiny droplets of rain began to come down from the sky. I looked here and there to find something to cover her, but really felt foolish because it was an empty road. Then I had a look on my blazer, it was really warm, so I took it off.

She was stepping slowly as it was a chilly windy night. I was again confused that how would she react if I offered her my coat to wear.

Suddenly she stopped and turned towards me.

"Can I get your coat, my body is shivering", she asked in a mild voice and turned back towards me.
"Help me to wear it", she said.

I was shivering more than her after listening to that. But I couldn't say no because her voice was so appealing when she asked for help. I slightly flipped her hair on one of her shoulder.
Her skin was so gleamy as some rain droplets were spread all over it. Slowly I wrapped her arms in blazer and she turned towards me.

A look of confusion crossed Grace's face as though she was also trying to hide something from me.

"Who was your date before me?", she asked cheerfully, looking right at me.

I bit my lip tilt my head and said, "No one". I was pretty confident as it was a truth but a question came into my mind that why she asked this.

"Why you asked me?", I finally questioned her.
"I was just checking your honesty",she said.
"So, what's the result", I said.
"You're an honest person", she replied.

The thing was, Grace was the most shy person in the school but with me she was something different, full of excitement.

"I got your name on a list",Grace said as we were walking.
"Which list", I asked her because I thought wheather it's the same list Alice sent me and I ignored it.
"Non participants list", she said.

So finally it was the same list, but when I got that from Alice, I didn't even had a look because on that day I was tired. But that night I got to know more about that list.

"Only you and me were remained without a date and Ms.Carter decided to join us together because she wanted us to be at Ball as we are good as academics."

I was really delighted by her statement as it was the first time I got something on my own, not on my parents command.

Somewhere, Grace did an amazing thing in my life by being my partner at the Ball.

She was really amazing.

But what about Kevin's statement.
Why he said that I'm falling for her.
I accepted the fact that Grace is a beautiful and nice girl but falling in love was a big thing for me.

As she was walking beside me, all of a sudden the weather became more windy and a downpour of rain starred.

"It's time to run"

Grace said as she wrapped one of her hands in mine and grabbed her glass heels in the other hand.

It was kind of ab unforgettable moment of my life. I never felt so relieved and calm ever before. Was Kevin right? Was she changing me? Am I Fallin in love with a girl I never expected? All of those questions were roaming around my mind.
But I left every thought behind and enjoyed that rainy race with her.

"Stop!Stop!"
She said as we finally reached at her house.
I was literally feeling like a car which was an overspeed mode.
Both of us were breathing heavily. Our clothes were wet and became sticky to our bodies.

"Oh! Babies, get inside ". Grace's mom came outside with towels and wrapped them on our shoulders.

Her mother was an angel, she offered me a cup of coffee and brownies and asked me to sit beside the fireplace.

"Where's your car Aiden", Grace's mom asked me in an annoying way. It was sounding like she was upset to see her daughter alone with a boy.

"The engine was burnt, so I decided to walk", Grace interrupted my answer as she understood my nervousness.

She supported my words and made me sound positive in front of her mother.
Her mother was kind hearted and straight forward just like me. We had candid conversation for more than thirty minutes.
Grace walked to her room to get into comfortable clothes as her dress was too wet.
"Your mom gifted this dress to her", Grace mom said while picking up the coffee mugs from the table.
"Yeah, she said it would make a perfect match", I replied in a firm voice.

"I hope so", she said in a questionable manner and left for the kitchen.

Grace came out of her room with her daily look of hair tied up in a bun and a loose night suit.
"I should leave now", I said as Grace was coming towards me.
"You will not, it's raining outside and already 2:00 am", she said in an appealing manner and as always I couldn't say no and decided to stay.

"I got you some comfort clothes, it's my father's, you should change " Grace handed me her father's white T-shirt and a black trouser. It was quite loose on me but I had no other choice.

"You can sleep in my room, it's warm"
I was really tired as my muscles were suffering from cramps because of that rain bath.

I looked at the bed and immediately jumped on it. It was quite comforting and within some minutes I fall asleep.

***********
*********