THE KISS

My mother was sitting on the chair beside my father having tea and choco-chips cookies. Their evening time was always dedicated to each other having a candid conversation and creating some sweet memories. It was already 5:00 pm and I was still thinking about Grace's invitation.

In order to distract my mind, I started looking around for something interesting and then I found an envelope.

It was from our school's cultural event department. I removed the seal of it and found some photographs which was of the Ball night.

There were five pictures. The first and second was mine and Kevin. He was such a fun when it comes to clicking pictures.
I could see Kevin and me sitting in his black Jaguar and our hands were layed on each other's shoulders.
That was a catchy moment for both of us.
And then another photo came in my sight.
Grace and me holding each other while dancing.
Our eyes were meeting like the waves of sea meeting the sea shore. I couldn't explain the emotion of those pictures because words couldn't make justice to it.

I just felt one thing looking at it,
"Peaceful"

"Aiden, what would you like for dinner?"
Mom asked me as she was going to prepare for dinner.

"Uh!Mom, I have to go somewhere, I said by ignoring her questionable look that she had on face.

"So, you have a dinner with Ms.Grace lane"
"Yeah, but it's not a date, she just wants me to join her"
"When did I say it's a date, I said dinner"

She gave a secretive smile and went upstairs. I looked at the clock and it was already 6:30. I put on my clothes and left to meet her.
It was a night of full moon with a starry sky.
As soon as I arrived I saw Grace was waiting for me outside her house with a book in her hands.

"So, where are we going ", I asked her.
"You go to the seat next to me, now I will drive the car",she spoke very happily.

I didn't know where was she taking me but I trustee her.

In no time we arrived and I saw that it was a church. I couldn't believe she'd bring me to a place like this, but I already said that she was unique. She held my hand and we both walked inside the church.
I could see that there was no one in the church. We both sat on the last chair which was right in the front of the statue of lord Jesus. I got up and lit the candles before Jesus and then got back to her.

"You came here to read a book", I asked her.
"It's not a book, it's my journal",she answered in a sweet voice.
"Why you invited me today"I asked by looking into her eyes.
"Something is special today"
"What?"
"You , me and the full moon", she said looking at me sweetly.

We walked towards the terrace of the church together. There was a strange attraction in her. It was as if destiny held my hand. I've never felt like this before in my life.

We were sitting near the eaves of the terrace looking at the sky. Grace opened her journal and started writing. I got thinking that what was she writing sitting under the sky on such night where I'm with her.

A gentle breeze started blowing. Her hair locks were touching her glowy cheeks. It seemed that even the moon was shining on her face. I was about to say something that Grace said,
"You left all of your stuff at my home, but I've kept it safe to take it when needed."

I didn't say anything and nodded my head in yes. I just wanted to listen her.
There was a sweet intoxication in her voice as if she was taking away all the sorrows from inside me.

She suddenly became silent and I told her

"Please keep talking"

"Aiden, you know how hard it is to find yourself in this world where someone leaves you alone."

"You're not alone, you have yourself and that's enough"

"Even the moon is incomplete without the stars", she said giving a pained smile.

She came near me.
Put her head on my shoulder.
I was able to feel how relaxed she felt with me.
Grace put her hand in mine and put the other arm around my neck. She was close to me , I could feel her breath.
Her waist was wrapped around my hands.
She came more closer to me.
When she was in my arms, I had peace, there was an intoxication in breaths.
It seemed like she only was my religion, my faith.
Within a fraction of seconds, our lips were decorated on each other.
It seemed she drowned me in her emotions.
Those two minutes were the most beautiful moments of my life.
She opened her eyes and looked at me.
The pain that was in her eyes earlier had reduced.

"We should go home, it's too late", she said while stroking her hands in my hair.
I was thinking in my mind that I wish this night never ends. That's when I realised

"I'm in love"

I could see my life in Grace.

"A life without sorrow, without grief,
A life full of passion and love."

*********