chapter 4

Ethos POV:

After that introduction, the woman and her coworker played a video on the tv screen. It was basically a tour of the mansion that we were going to be living in. It was huge, even for 14 people. There were 5 floors. On the first one were the living room, kitchen, dining room and 2 bathrooms. The 3 floors above were the ones with bedrooms for each couple. And there was also a basement which was actually a sauna, had 5 hot tubs and was an entrance to one of the 3 pools.

When the video ended, all of us went into another room. It looked like a filming studio. "So now we will explain all the rules. As u all already know, if u and ur partner break up, the show is over for u. The task for everyone is to find which couple are the imposters. We will not provide u with any information on what is meant by 'imposters', u will have to figure it out on ur own. It is allowed to form alliances with other couples. Any signs of fake dating will be noticed as we will be watching u closely. Anyone wanna back off until they have the chance?" I kicked Joels leg. Silence. No one said anything. "Excellent. Next, we are gonna have to film the first episode. Its gonna be only introductions and talking."
                              ...
We were the second couple to get on set. "Sit on the couch. We will start filming in a sec." Me and Joel did just what we were told to. I glanced at him nervously and he looked back at me with the same worried expression on his face. Neither of us had any idea of what we were about to do. 'What if while telling our "love story" we mess something up.." I thought. Joel seemed to notice that something was really wrong so he took my hand in his and slightly squeezed it.

"Alright! 3..2..and.." the camera man said as I put a hand around Joels back and smiled widely to make everything seem even more real. "H-hello! I am Joel and this is my boyfriend Etho.." my friend stuttered. "We have been dating for uh..2..years!" "2 and a half actually." I winked playfully at the camera. Joels face went even redder as he murmured something which I couldnt hear. "We started dating after meeting in a bar. Joel came over and we uh..hooked up." I continued the story.

After a little while of blabbing about our totally real relationship, the camera man turned the camera off and we got called into another room. There was the woman who had interviewed us at first. She welcomed us in as we sat down in the couch. Yup. Yet another room with a similar sofa.

"These are the last things we are planning on asking u two. Now tell me, did any of u spot a couple which seemed a little more..interesting than the others? One that stood out more. But in a good way of course." as the interviewer asked us that I tried to remember if I had actually remembered anybody. Only person who seemed to pop in my head was the guy carrying around a cat with him.

"There was a guy with his pet.." I started saying but Joel interrupted me. "Yea the one with the zookeeper outfit. He seemed..nice I guess." "Well u two share the same mind! Such a perfect couple. Really hope u two last.." the woman mumbled. "Huh?" I couldn't tell if I had heard wrong or she really said that. Weird. "Oh my bad, dont worry. So Scar huh? Alright well we are gonna arrange u two, him and Grian to meet. As we have already told u- u need to build alliances. Let me know if any of u want to get to know one of the other couples even better."

(663 words) Sorry for not posting but school suckz rn:/