Chapter 2 : Blind bount.

"The boss wants you to join the mafia... in return... we won't kill the informant or anyone else. That's what he asked us to tell you."

These were the words of the mafia boss himself... How? How did he know that Toru wouldn't want Haru's death despite his betrayal? These questions invaded Toru's mind, leaving her silent for a few seconds... How could the mafia boss have such a clear idea of what she would decide? The only ones who knew she might care somewhat about others were the few street kids she had helped in the past. How could this information have reached the mafia boss from those children? The answer was right in front of her eyes... Nakahara Chuuya, the former leader of the Cheeps. This network of street kids helping each other, which she had refused to join two years ago. If some of those she had helped had eventually joined him, it explained why this aspect of her personality had reached the mafia boss... She had rejected the invitation of the few members who had solicited her for the simple reason that this organization was obviously destined to collapse. It rested on no reliable structure, only one pillar, their only holder of power, who, although powerful, obviously couldn't ensure the protection of the forty members of the organization. Each of them represented a weak link to target if one wanted to reach the one at their head. They were just children, after all...

"I see..."

Toru sighed... but the more she thought about it, the more she realized that joining the mafia was actually one of her best options. No one would harm her if she was part of it. The proof was that even the Department of Superpowers didn't seem to try to thwart her since Mori became the boss. In reality, this "transfer of power," according to official sources, had marked the beginning of a calmer era. Crime still existed, but under the control of the mafia. Deep down... Toru wasn't so different from what this organization represented. Living in crime for her own interests by preventing others from doing too much. Anyway... she didn't really have a choice in this situation. She looked at them, her expression neutral despite a gaze that revealed a faint glimmer.

"I don't really have a choice anyway..."

At that moment, one of the five men on the ground began to wake up, drawing the attention of the three teenagers. Dazai was the first to speak to him.

"Well... It seems that one of you has finally decided to wake up..."

He crouched in front of the injured man who was regaining consciousness little by little... it was obvious to everyone that in this state he wouldn't be able to do much. Toru and Chuuya stood behind Dazai, Toru with her hands in her pockets and Chuuya with his arms crossed.

"We have a few questions to ask you. The first being what exactly you were looking for here."
Dazai asked with a rather serious expression, which contrasted somewhat with the amusement he constantly showed when addressing Toru a few minutes earlier.

The man, who remained lying on the ground, his face filled with pain due to the damage from Chuuya's previous attack, looked at Dazai before retorting in a weak voice, his breathing visibly difficult.
"We have nothing to tell you, you brats..."

This remark made Toru raise an eyebrow, her gaze remaining cold towards the man.
"He's got some nerve for a guy half-dead..."

Dazai didn't seem to react at all to the man's response, his expression unchanging.
"You see... depending on your involvement in this matter and if you give us some interesting information... maybe we'll consider letting you live. You're not really in a position of strength at the moment."

The man looked at him silently for a moment before sighing.
"We just accepted an offer, we're bounty hunters."

Toru: "I see... It's probably a way to throw off the scent. Recruiting bounty hunters from outside the organization is the best solution to prevent a large amount of information from being known by those who venture into mafia territories. Just out of curiosity... how much is the reward? For 5 guys to come at once for my case, it must be quite high."