Chapter 11

I tried to stay on my phone as much as possible when Jude and Trent were talking. Making more than necessary eye contact with this man might just kill me. It's already awkward enough with the things posted on social media.

Maya knew EXACTLY what I was doing. I could feel her eyes staring right at me. I looked up from my phone and gave her a side-eye. "What?" I mouthed, getting annoyed. She tilted her head over to Jude. Seriously? She wants me to talk to him.

I shake my head, scoffing. Just as I was about to go back on my phone Trent included my name in his conversation. My head turned so quickly that I felt like I got whiplash. "Yeah, Ellie and you have  A LOT in common." Trent looked over at me. "Oh really?" Jude's eyes followed Trent's.

I never wanted to kill myself more than right now. THESE TWO ARE ACTUALLY FROM THE PITS OF HELL. "Well I don't know about a lot, but-" I got interrupted. "Oh, no. You wouldn't believe how similar you guys think." Trent grabbed my shoulder, pulling me closer to Jude.

"I have to go introduce Maya to some more people." He pats my back and walks off with Maya. Great. Now the one thing I didn't want to happen, just fucking happened.

"So. Now that he's gone." He glances around for a second. "Was that you at the club?" His thick Brum accent was emphasized when he said 'club'. "What do you mean?" I decided to play dumb. Maybe I could get off easy for once. (Now hold on..😏)

"You know exactly what I mean." He narrows his eyes at me. "No, I don't think I do." I shake my head. "So it was you after all." He crossed his arms over his chest. "That's not the first impression I would make when meeting my celebrity crush." His tone sounded very teasing. "It's a good thing that that's ALL you are." I roll my eyes.

"If that's everything then I'll be leaving." I turned around and went back downstairs to find Maya. He's kind of into himself too much. It's good to be confident but there's a limit before you're considered selfish.

6:30 PM

On the very top floor of the yacht was a dinner table. It had all been set earlier in the day. And it looked like we had assigned seats. Trent, for once, was doing a good job at thinking ahead. Maya was on my right, Isabel on my left, and in front of me was... Jude.

I take back every good thing I said about Trent. He's a dick. Maya nudged me with her elbow. I looked over at her. "Smile." She held up her phone, taking a selfie. I noticed she angled the phone so that Jude was in the frame. AND he was posing for the photo as well.

Everybody went back to eating. I looked over at Isabel and Haaland. He was sitting across from her and they kept holding hands. It was cute how intimate they were but at the same time, I wanted to vomit.

I cut my steak into small pieces, dousing it with salt. Jude looked at my plate and watched how much salt I put on my meat. "You're going to get a heart attack if you put anymore." He flashed me a side smile. God, he was breathtaking.

I stared at him for a moment before putting the salt down. He kept watching me, still keeping that stupid smirk on his face. "What?" I raised my brow at him. Did I have something on my face? "Nothing." He shrugs, his attention going back to the food on his plate.

After everybody finished their dinner, Maya stood up. She grabbed a fork and her wine glass, banging them together. Everybody turned over to Maya. "Let's play a game." She looked at me with a smirk.