soaked

Y/n's Pov

It was storming outside, the rain pounded against the glass as the wind ripped around. I stood, staring out the large windows lining the wall of my living room. I had invited my two friends over to watch a movie, Billie and Reneé, figuring we hadn't hung out in a while. We used to always be in each other's company but as of recently we had all been tremendously busy because of our work.

We usually spent a large amount of our time together joking, chatting, flirting, and doing random shit. But since we were all hopelessly single the flirting was a constant, only making my feelings for them grow, even though what we would say to each other was totally innocent.

"You guys might be stuck here," I thought out loud, "Unless you wanna swim home."

I felt a presence behind me. It was Reneé, now standing by my side at the tall windows.

"Eh, maybe that wouldn't be so bad." She smirked at me, her hooded, blue eyes on my lips. I couldn't help but smile back, the small flirtatious move making my stomach flip.

"No that would be a terrible thing actually, I'd rather drown," I grinned up at her.

"Really, Y/n? I thought you liked me." She pouted crossing her arms.

I rolled my eyes and giggled at her child like antics, "Nope. I hate you." I smirked, hitting her arm before walking over to the couch where Billie sat, bundled up under several blankets.

Our flirty banter had diminished my anxieties about a possible flood, and the possibility of being trapped in my small apartment with Reneé and Billie made me feel excited instead.

"Hey B!" I plopped down next to her, bumping my shoulder against hers.

"What'd I miss?" I questioned as I averted my attention onto the large tv mounted on the wall.

"Well, you guys left me over here scared shitless while you and Reneé were canoodling by the window." Billie raised an eyebrow, eyeing me.

"Oh shut up," I laughed, "We weren't even five feet away from you."

"No crap, you guys were right in my peripheral vision." She rolled her eyes with a scoff.

"Sorry..." I mumbled, resting my head on her shoulder shortly after.

I knew that Billie shared my crush for Reneé and I suspected she liked me too.

Reneé returned from the kitchen as she had fetched some drinks for all of us after our interaction. She definitely noticed an edginess to Billie's demeanor and stayed quiet, taking her place next to me on my right.

"Billie, you good?" Reneé leaned back into the couch, catching a glance at her before sneakily snaking her arm around my shoulder. We both turned to look at Reneé, her face not even a couple inches away from mine now. With a smirk she glanced down at my lips once again before looking back to Billie.

My breath hitched in my throat as I felt a hand creep onto the back of my neck, the cold rings making me shiver. This hand could belong to either of the two next to me so I was clueless as to who it was. I kept my eyes on the blonde though, her breath brushing against my lips as I drew closer to her.

Replying to Reneé, Billie stretched out her legs, "Never been better."

Her talking snapped me out of the spell Reneé had mindlessly casted upon me and I turned back to the tv. But of course the one time I look a mangled looking old lady pops on the screen and I let out a shriek, quickly burying my face into Reneé's shoulder, as she was closest.

Both of the girls stifled a laugh as they shared a disappointed look. My eyes stayed hidden until Reneé patted my back, signaling it was safe to look.

"God you're such a big baby," Billie teased.