Chapter 2

Water trickles down like a marching band into the tub. The water forming ripples of grandeur in this blue painted haven. The light gracefully dancing on the surface of the water. Bise, returning back to its duty of strolling past the landscapes, the trees seem to chat, their leafy conversation muffled yet heard. The birds now sing the morning song. The blue light swells as the sun rises above, the white clouds hover over the land as they try to cover the mountain peaks. 

A horn blows, another three following behind. These long wooden instruments speak. They have their morning chat. They are heard from far away. These notes then carry a ride from the Bise, they follow along the land, they enter into a wooden frame. They now travel into a hollow cup like hole. 

A pair of eyes opened. Those eyes filled with sweet caramel peered through the room. They moved from one side of the bed to the other, facing the window, trying to listen to the sound of the Horns. The eyes looked out to the view outside, widening as they capture the immense beauty of the landscape. 

Ezra sits on his bed, the blankets thick made with wool covers him as the blue light runs in through the window. He knew exactly what he was listening to, he barely remembers the last time he had heard it, but he knows well that this is the Ranz des Vaches. At such a sight before him, and the horns. he had realised how long had it been since he had last experienced this. He embraced the blankets, letting in the nostalgic memories of this place take him over. It had been so long....It hurt.

"Mornin' Ez! looks like you had good night's sleep!"

"Oh!. yes Mr. Reinhard. I very much did."

"I can see that!" warmly smiles.

Ezra smiles back, not sure of what to do.

"Well, get ready, Nor's downstairs at the table along with your father."

"Am I the last one to awake?"

"Yep! but not exactly."

Ezra slightly nodded.

"I guess, I'll be down in a minute!"

"Sure, and just so you know I made Pancakes."

"Oh! Thank You Mr. Reinhard, Ezra's face lit up. Pancakes are my favorite."

"Yes, yes now quickly!"

Ezra didn't had to be told twice, he got down from bed, changed from his pajamas, brushed quickly and went down to the others. 

"Hi! Ez" Nor called out. His voice piercing the room.

"Had a good night's sleep?"

"Hi! uhh yes I did-"

"I'm sure you did, you were drooling all over."

"Uhhh! Wow! never knew that before!" he said while chuckling.

"Obviously."

"Alrighty, kids finish off with your meals before it gets cold." 

Everyone, sits in silence as they finish their meals and a cup of morning coffee for the men. Nor and Ez finish of with their meals and go upstairs to their rooms. They then plan out their day together. As it had already snowed, Nor wanted to show Ezra his haven that he had so refused to leave. They both were excited, and drove off to finish with their morning duty. When it the time had come for the both to leave, they both took two bags and baskets filled with paper, pens, colours, games and food that Nor's dad had prepared for them.

"I can't just wait to go to my haven, it's really good with snow."

"Alright, lead the way. But you might wanna hold on, or else you'll explode from all the excitement."