Chapter 5

"The Chandelier?"

"Yes!"

"You sure?"

"Yes?"

"We are actually using that?"

"Yes?"

"Are we throwing a party or something?"

"Yes! The Ezra's are here. How do you expect to celebrate Christmas?"

"Oh My God! Dad thank you!" Nor who was confused before, instantly lit up and hugged his father. He was so excited and he was so happy about it.

"Thank you so much."

"Yes now get things done with your room and we all work on the chandelier."

The adults cleared out the tools and everything down in the lounge as so that they could get ready for the chandelier quickly. The boys were in their room, finishing off with the ornament decoration. They didn't talk, they were consumed finishing up with the ornaments. Ezra all the time, was thinking on what had just happened on the stairs, undoubtedly so did Nor. They were in deep thought. "Why did I do that?" Ezra asked himself, no voice from inside answered back. "How was I compelled to that?"  He was asking his sanity but it never answered. "Why didn't I let go?" asked Nor to himself, "Why did I just stand there?" his inner voice tried to answer, but no words came out. He was asking his sanity. Their bodies just putting up the decorations as if they were in a trance. "Why did I say the same thing to Nor?", "Why did he had to say the same thing back?" Their decor was almost over and so was the space running out. "Why were my eyes in his?", "How did I ever manage to keep him inside my arms? Why didn't he try to run away?". They were inching close to the side table. "Does this mean? that-", "Of course not why would that ever be a possibility?" They saw, only one hook remained. "But then why did he not-" something touched their hands. It was the other's, they instinctively looked, their eyes met. Holding on to the same pair of ornaments, their hands touched at what was filled in their minds since. Ezra withdrew his hand back, he felt his face warm and nervous, how can someone not be after- he couldn't explain what was going on, but he knew that the world disappeared around the ginger hair. His eyes widened not sure what to do.

"Ez! You okay?"

"WhaT?"

"I asked if you were okay."

"I am, why do you ask?"

"Well, your face is-"

"My face is what?"

"Well it's kind of-"

"It's fine, I'm not -- it's fine."

"Ez!" Nor puts his hand on Ez face. Ez's eyes shortened and he bit his lips feeling embarrassed. "I can see. You're red." 

Ez's eyes widen and his face is practically crimson. "What? he-e- no of course not!" Nor raises his eyebrows.

"Kids! we're all done come down."

"Uh-hh yes yes! Uhh coming down now."

Ezra quickly finishes off with the ornament, stumbles to put away the box and almost trips at the head of the stairs. Nor was left behind, he was now confused and wondered about Ezra. He heard Ezra downstairs talking to his dad telling that Nor would be down in a minute. Nor put away with the boxes that they carried with them, and came downstairs all the time wondering what just happened. Ezra did not dare look at Nor all the time. He himself did not know why he didn't want to look at his best friend, or if he could call him that anymore after what he had done. Nor on the hand was just waiting for him to look, so that they might have a chance to talk.