27. Ride back home

He is so happy with her

He is so happy with her... That gleaming smile, that shine in his eyes...I have never witnessed it before. And it hurts to admit the fact that the reason is her...

But why am I even complaining? I did not have a chance anyways... and looking at my condition, I do not have a chance with a single thing... even life...

It's crazy to think how when I first saw him, I used to find ways to steal some moments with him, to see him, to spend time with him... But now... I cannot help but ignore him. Because seeing him only reminds me of my broken heart and how I am nothing at this point in my life. Plus whenever I think a lot about all of these things, my head starts aching.

Just like now, I close my eyes at the pain in my head. Truth to be told my whole body is aching, but I will have to endure it until I get back home. Currently, I was standing near the parking lot of college, waiting for Jimin to come.

Why didn't he come yet?

I think as I roam my eyes around once again at the entrance of the college. Just then, my phone dings and I see a message from him. It read,

I am so sorry Taehyungie. Actually my grandmother suddenly had some complications and I had to go back home early. Sorry I couldn't inform you earlier... I just got free after admitting her again... Will you be able to go back home yourself or should I tell Yoongi to drop you?

'No it's alright... I will take a bus. Take care of grandma' I type back and then sigh. Now I will have to walk to the bus stop. Thinking about that only makes me tired and if it was not enough, my heartbeat increases as I hear, "Tae?"

How does he find me everywhere I go? Please leave my poor heart alone Jeongguk...

I look at him and force a smile. "How are you going home?" He says raising his eyebrows and smiling at me. That smile doesn't fail to make me fall for him even more...

"Uh... I am gonna take a bus..." I say.

"Why don't I drop you?" He says, stepping closer. Don't come closer please, I cannot control my emotions like this... I am already so tired.

"N-no It's okay... I can go myself..." I whisper and look down.

"Did I do something wrong Taehyung?" He suddenly says and I look at him, a hurt expression on his face.

"No" I frown and shake my head as I feel that I never want to see this expression on Jeongguk's face... even in my dreams or my worst nightmare...

"Then why are you avoiding me since you came back? What happened?" He comes even closer and asks. My heart was already gone seeing him so close to me. All I want is to just embrace him and never let go off him. But I can't do that.

"I- I am not avoiding you... I just... I am not very well Jeongguk-ah. M-my health is not the best right now... I am getting t-tired easily...that's why...I-" I fumble with my words as my eyes turn glossy with the sudden realization of my condition. No matter how normal life would look around me, nobody can deny the truth that it is not. That I am not. I am now a sick person... who will eventually just--