34. Truly, completely and madly

One month later

One month later...

"You cannot play this card Taebear..." Jeongguk says.

"Then this one?" Taehyung secretly shows one of a card from the bunch of cards in his hands.

"Yes... look this is the same color as the one Jimin put down so you can play this one over his..." Jeongguk says calmly, explaining the rules of UNO for the nth time to Taehyung.

"Okkie" Taehyung puts down the card with a smile, totally unaware that Jeongguk explained him the rules just before starting the game...

But he forgot. Again...

Jimin smiles slightly seeing how Jeongguk was so patient with Taehyung. From the past one month, such short memory losses have been frequent with Taehyung. And Jeongguk used to handle them very patiently... without making the other feel bad at all.

He recalls one such incident when the trio was baking a cake together on Taehyung's mom's suggestion. But while making the batter, the aforementioned added double the amount of sugar because he forgot when he added the item the first time.

Jeongguk immediately understood while tasting the premix and then calmly told Taehyung that they would have to make a new batter... Taehyung felt bad at first; even had tears in his eyes... but Jeongguk's caring actions towards him made him feel assured that he wouldn't make a mistake the second time.

And the cake turned out good...

There are many similar cases that happened like this...

And thinking about all of those moments, Jimin can clearly see that they both are in love already... but are too busy with Taehyung's health situation that they haven't had time to realize it yet.

He remembers how happy he got when Jeongguk told him, Yoongi and Hoseok that him and Taehyung were together now... how happy both Taehyung and Jeongguk were... And he is sure... once they confess their love... nothing can break them apart... Their love would win over any obstacle...

And he hopes that their love is strong enough to battle Taehyung's illness...
.
.
.

"Jiminie? It's your turn" Taehyung's voice brings Jimin out of his thoughts and he nods before playing a card.

"I will play this one with the four colors... Can I Kookie?" Taehyung shows the card to Jeongguk.

"Yes bear... you can play this card over any card" Jeongguk smiles, caressing Taehyung's hairs that were now very thin from all the chemotherapy... Taehyung was not bald yet because luckily in his case hair loss was not that sudden... but it was still there. And the time when they would have to shave his head... was approaching...

They continue to play the game for few more minutes before Taehyung's mom calls them downstairs for some snacks and Taehyung's medication.

🤍🤍