FOURTY-FOUR: MOTEL CALIFORNIA

𝕭𝖆𝖉 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖚𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
forty-four - 3X06
Motel California (part two)

NAT STARES UP AT THE MOTEL IN FRONT OF THEM BLANKLY; IT'S NOT THE WORST PLACE SHE'S EVER STAYED IN- SOME OF ATTICUS' HIDEOUTS WERE JUST STRAIGHT-UP GRIM- BUT IT'S ALSO NOT THE BEST

The motel looks like it's hardly standing, its supports about to collapse at any given moment. Paint peels off the side of the walls and rust lingers in the air around them, adding to the creepy atmosphere it practically radiates towards them.

All in all, Nat figures that if they don't leave this place with a demonic entity attached to them, she'll be genuinely shocked.

"Nice," Nat comments lowly from where she stands at Scott's side, their shoulders gently brushing each others from their huddled position, "It looks like a place that would be featured in a true crime documentary on Netflix. I can see it right now, 'Murder-motel'...Has a nice ring to it, actually."

Scott makes a noise at the back of his throat, "I've seen worse." He says, his voice sounding unconvincing to even himself.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles retorts with a raised brow.

"Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves! You'll be pairing up- choose wisely," Finstock declares, dangling a load of room-keys from between his fingers for them to take, "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Stiles takes a set of keys from Finstock, dangling them in front of Nat and Scott's faces with a wide smirk, "Like old times?"

Nat smiles slightly, nodding in agreement to his question. She's glad he's acting normal around her. She was worried her scene back at the pit-stop would cause him to act a little...differently towards her- but, no, he seems to be the same as he always is (much to her relief)!

Scott cheers, following after Stiles as he leads the way towards their new room for the night, "This is gonna be awesome!"

Nat looks up at the building that looms in front of them anxiously, her chest constricting as a sudden, unknown sense of fear grips her chest, "Whatever you say, Scotty..."

As Nat goes to follow after the two boys, her phone rings in her pocket, the song 'I shot the sheriff' by The Wailers, blaring loudly from her phone.

Shit, she thinks, freezing in her steps. Noah.

Scott and Stiles stop their movements to look back at her, instantly recognising the ringtone and anxiously waiting to see what she'll do in response to it. She stares back at them, cluelessly, her hand hovering warily above her phone.