Chapter 1: The Beginning

Tap, tap, tap, as the rain falls hard all the children's ran into the academy from getting wet at recess. Except for three kids. One of them was a girl and the other two were boys. As the rain fell harder and harder the little girl slipped on a puddle of water. As the little girl fell back and rolled down a steep cliff .

Splash! Went the little girl. As she fell into the ocean the little girl couldn't swim in this kind of weather. As the waves drifting her farther and farther away from land, the waves where coming in stronger and stronger and collapse over her. As the waves got bigger the little girl was sinking to the bottom, but just as she sunk to bottom,
everything when't black. The little girl ran out of breath from the lack of oxygen she had left.

As one of the boys ran diving into the water trying to find the girl, a big ship was heading straight at him. The boy went under the water deep enough where he avoided the ship. Just as he was going to the bottom of the sea he saw the girl laying at the bottom. As the boy picked her up and swam to shore, the boy was checking her pols, but it wasn't betting. So the boy gave moth to moth to the girl. The girl was starting to breath again but her poles was beating very slow.

"Hey can you hear me?" Said the boy.

The little girl did not respond back.

As the boy let out a sigh, "What a drag." He lifted the girl into his arms like a princess.

As the rain fell harder and harder, he made is way back up the hill carrying the girl, the other boy ran up to him. "Hey, Shikamaru you ok ? I was so worried for you. I thought you might of gotten hurt or something!" Said the other boy.

"I'm fine Choji, but I need to get back to the school. "Shikamaru said in a rush.

But before Choji could say a word Shikamaru was gone in a flash.

As he got to the school he told the teacher everything that just happened. Iruka-sensei took the girl straight to the hospital. As he came back he told Shikamaru that "if you weren't there in time, or gave her mouth to mouth then she could have died. Today you saved a person's life, tomorrow it'll be several life. I know that you're going to be a good ninja for this village, Shikamaru. "Said Iruka-sensei with tears of happiness running down his face.

As Iruka wiped his tears away, Shikamaru asked him"Iruka-sensei?"

"Yes? What is it Shikamaru?"

"How is she? Is she going to live?"

"Yes, but she's in a coma. The doctors aren't sure how long till she'll wakes up."

"Oh thanks for the information Iruka-sensei." Replied Shikamaru.

As Shikamaru was done talking to Iruka-sensei, all of a sudden the door opened. A foot came out from behind the door. The Third Hokage walked into the room.

"Is Shikamaru here?" Asked the Third Hokage.

"Lord Hokage he is right here." Said Iruka.

"Thank you Iruka."

"Shikamaru you did a brave thing today and for that I award you with this metal." said the Hokage as he put it around is neck.

As the Third Hokage left, Shikamaru went running straight to the hospital and waited right outside to see how the girl was doing.

But then Shikamaru got hunger and went to get his lunch, but he couldn't find it anywhere until he saw Choji eating his and his own food.

"What the heck Choji! Why did you eat my lunch?!" Said Shikamaru with flames in his eyes.

"Sorry I was just so hungry I couldn't help myself." Choji said.

"What a drag."

"I'm really sorry Shikamaru."

"It's fine, whatever."

After school Shikamaru went home. Ever day Shikamaru would visit the hospitable where the girl was recovering.