Chapter 2: She's Awake

One month later, as Shikamaru walked into the room where the girl was resting, he walked towards the bed and put his hand on top of the bed railing. He looked out the window, but just then, Shikamaru felt a warm object on his hand. Shikamaru tuned around in shocked and saw the girl's hand on top of his. The girl was slowly  waking. As her eyes opened, the girl looked at Shikamaru and softy asked what happened. Shikamaru told the girl everything that happened except the part about when he had to do mouth to mouth.  And just then,  Shikamaru remembered and asked the girl, "What's your name?"

"I'm Ino. Ino Yamanaka. What's your name?"

"I'm Shikamaru Nara."

"Thanks for saving me." said Ino as she blushed.

"No problem."

Right after he finished his sentence, the room was silent. As they were in the silent room just staring into each others' eyes, Ino felt a strong feeling for him. She had never felt anything like it.

Shikamaru also felt something. He felt a strong connection with her, but Shikamaru  kept his feeling a secret.

As Ino was about to tell Shikamaru how she felt. BAM! The doors opened with all of Ino's family  and friend. They all had heard that Ino finally woken up from her coma. As ever body crowded around her, Shikamaru walked out of the room and through the hospital's doors. Shikamaru went to the school yard. As Shikamaru was sitting on a swing, he remember looking into Ino's eyes. He also remember his feelings for her. Shikamaru was telling himself to forget about what just happened and his feelings. So Shikamaru hid all of his feeling away from the world. 

Back at the hospital everybody in the room crowded around Ino. Ino was looking around the room trying to find Shikamaru, but she couldn't see him not one bit.

As Shikamaru was walking he saw Choji eating like he had never ate before. Shikamaru went over to Choji and told him that if he keeps on eating like this he'll get a stomach ache.

Choji told Shikamaru that "that will would never happen."

"Fine. What a drag." Said Shikamaru walking away from Choji.

As Shikamaru was walking home he saw a strange kid with yellow spiky hair and was wearing  green goggles on his forehead, and a orange jump suit. The boy was sitting all alone at the school on the tree swing. Shikamaru was thinking if he had ever meet this boy before. And then it came to him. Shikamaru remembered that kid went to the some school and in the same grade as him. And that, this kid was Naruto Uzumaki. Shikamaru felt sorry for Naruto because he live all alone with no family, but as Shikamaru was about to walked over there the boy left. After talking in his head Shikamaru went home.