TAYLOR | CRASHED MY BIKE

"Was that a date?" I thought to myself as I sprawled in my bed, arms spread like wings

"Was that a date?" I thought to myself as I sprawled in my bed, arms spread like wings. The blankets tangled around my figure. I was torn, there was this beautiful and friendly blonde boy right next door who stole my heart and got into another relationship. There was also his edgy polar opposite living two houses down, who I might've just gone on a date with. All these new people in my life, although my phone was silent as ever. The two didn't compensate for the fact that my best friend was chummy with my ex-girlfriend, but it came close.

Intratcher has been messaging me less since he started dating Evelyn and he told me she spoke to him about blocking me. I understood her, but resentment shadowed my heart. Christmas night, Omari told me he liked Tampcent for me, although I hadn't mentioned him. The appeal of the rebound concept Zoey tried pushing me into began growing, and so I finally built up the courage to message Tampcent.

"Hi!" I sent, rolling the blankets off of my shoulders and sitting up.

There was almost an immediate response. "Hey,  Taylor," Tampcent responded.

"What're you up to?" I asked.

Tampcent confided in me. "Homework." He sent a second message. "Yes, I know it's winter break. How about you?"

My brows frowned. "That sucks. To be honest, I just woke up." I wondered how his house looked when it wasn't in rager form.

His response made me chuckle. "11 am!? Ideal winter break, I suppose." If anyone else said that I'd be ashamed, but I knew what he meant.

My mom yelled from downstairs. "Taylor! Are you up?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm awake!" I announced back.

"Come down here, I don't want you falling back asleep." My mom suggested, and I groaned knowing it wasn't a choice.

I slugged out of my bed to protest downstairs instead of from across the house. "Mhm." I hummed before messaging Tampcent. "I'll be right back xo" I removed the "xo" before sending, cringing at the thought in fear we weren't close enough for that.

Finally, I got downstairs, my socks sliding on the hardwood floor before finding the carpet. "Hey, I found more of those sticky notes you let the twins stick all over the house, pick those up." My mom harshly said. On Christmas I left my school supplies left and my baby cousins got into them, doodling on post-it notes and sticking them all around the house.

"Can I go back to my room after I pick them up?" I ask, going over and ducking under the table.

Peeling off the sticky notes she thundered. "Well, are you not doing anything? Are you not working or hanging out with Zoey?" Her head tilted and her arm was on her waist. Let's see, I wasn't ever going to hang out with Zoey again and I still needed to quit our job at Wendy's together, although I was likely already fired considering the shifts I'd missed.