INTRATCHER | PART TWO

Knock-knock

Knock-knock. Finally! It was about time. Tampcent was dead asleep, for a solid 15 minutes. Tried waking him up, no use. I swear he gets no sleep because tell me how I took the pillow and hit him with it and he still snored on! Rushing down his stairs I nearly slipped on his hard floors. Twisting the knob, I got a whiff of cold air before I could see them.

Evelyn and Travis. They were siblings, and as Evelyn stood at my door with her styled dark hair, I melted. She had hair that framed her porcelain face, in contrast to her brothers rough features. He had shaded whiskers and shabby hair that fell in the right spots. I texted Evelyn and told her we needed her and her brother to come over because I was in a little bit of a situation, but not to my house, but rather the one next door.

I was bouncing in my chair excited to tell her the whole story because I found it pretty funny. Tampcent didn't though, he was pissed. I missed him though, and even if I don't act like it, I'm glad he was my tutor. He's so smart and patient with—everything!

But I was stunned to see that Evelyn and Travis had brought a few more people with them. People I didn't even know. I knew them, Nancy, and Liv. Except there was a whole three other people? How did Evelyn even know Nancy? If Nancy shed even one of her long ginger hairs off her head onto Tampcent's couch he would get sick and would ban me from his house forever.

Starting to speak Evelyn put a finger on my lips, "Ah!" She smiled as she spoke, going on, "I'm sorry I was so late, I had to get dinner." Evelyn then showed me the McDonalds bag in her right hand, waving it.

What the hell was going on? Though thoughts raced through my head all I needed to know was half of their eyes were pink and they had too-wide smiles on their faces. "Er-Come in!" I called, stepping out of the way and opening the door wider. My fingers were crossed hoping Tampcent wouldn't be upset more than two people came but I knew I was already dead. "Please don't knock anything over, this isn't my house." My friends aren't that bad but gosh was Tampcent right about the reliability part.

The first thing I noticed was nobody taking their shoes off at entry. Tampcent would flip out. I was just glad he doesn't have carpet floors anywhere but bedrooms. Then as I sat in the kitchen most of them huddled around the fridge. Even worse, Liv poured herself and others a glass of something that looked more expensive than my bed. It swam in her glass and it was dark enough to dye her near white head.

That was when I stood up and walked in front of them all. "Guys, I'm on a detox." I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I'm not trying to party, especially at someone else's house?" I felt lame but that was beside the point because we were over the conversation.

Everyone backed off from me and glanced at each other, though Evelyn walked up closer to me, grabbing my shoulders. My elbows were against the counter behind me, feeling the chills on my skin from the fridge on my right. "C'mon Intratcher, is the person we're here for in the room with us right now?" Evelyn whined, her chin on my chest.