TAYLOR | PARTY ISNT OVER

My now tied-up braids were held behind my back with my arms as I ducked down at my bowl

My now tied-up braids were held behind my back with my arms as I ducked down at my bowl. My arm was empty, scrunchie hugging my hair rather than my wrist. The rich scent of the champagne filled my nose. "This stuff is fancy." Dakota breathily chucked to Nancy.

"For those who haven't played with us the years before, here are the rules." Mason clasped his hands together. He was adjusting the bowls on the table. "In front of you are bowls, and behind those are more bowls. As long as you end the game without any grapes in your bowl, you pass. You can either eat them or put them in somebody else's bowl. The only rule is you can't use your hands."

Squeezing my fingers behind my back he began to count down, red cup in his hands. As the counter turned to one the bottom half of my face submerged in the liquid. I leaned the bowl and delicate grapes bumped into my chin.  Glancing over at everybody else, I almost laughed. I had to take my face from the water for a gasp of air.

Liv groaned, sticking her head out of the bowl as I choked. "What the hell?" Over half of the grapes were chewed and gone. She put her head back into the bowl and filled her mouth with a solid three grapes before spitting them into the bowl behind hers; Kind of gross. Evelyn ended up finishing first.

Smiling, I looked up from the last few drops of champagne in my bowl. "I'm done." I had gotten done second. Dakota cocked her head up as she finished, the tips of her hair drenched.

Letting my hair loose, I sat on the couch and watched how the boy's round went. My head was on Evelyn's shoulder, knowing her the best out of the girls. I knew Nancy, except she was my ex and stole my best friend. I knew Dakota too, she went to the same Elementary school as us, except she made everything a competition. I didn't know Melody or Liv, but Liv was crying all day and Melody's compliments were like a spear to the back.

Drinking the last drops of the champagne in my cup, I could feel it coming to me. Tampcent looked like a chipmunk as he bobbed, Intratcher mocking his action and causing Albert to spit all of his out. They couldn't finish the round because we all laughed till we were sore. So sore, everywhere, from my head to my stomach and to my feet. It was already over 11 and we had all gotten a few drinks in.

 It was already over 11 and we had all gotten a few drinks in