4||

"Clarke, she's waking up."

My eyes fluttered open, vision blurring as I tried to focus. Despite the blanket covering me, my body shivered uncontrollably. I reached up to my head, feeling the throbbing pain. "Get Bellamy." Slowly, I realized I was inside the drop ship.

Behind Clarke, Jasper groaned in agony. I kept my hand on my head, pressing against the wound. "Clarke, look," The boy behind the blonde says, pointing his finger at me.

Clarke moved closer, studying me with a mix of curiosity and concern. "I've never seen anything like it," she murmured.

"I'm Clarke, and this is Finn. We don't want to hurt you," she said, gesturing towards the boy behind her. I stayed silent, glancing at Jasper occasionally. "You were asleep for a whole day." I tried to mask my emotions, even as I tugged slightly at the ropes binding my hands.

Jasper's sudden moans startling me. "The grounders cauterized the wound. Saved his life," Clarke explained while tending to him. Finn added, "Saved his life so they could use him as live bait."

He was right. That's exactly what Jax had intended.

"Garden of Eden this ain't," Finn muttered.

"This is infected. He could be septic," Clarke said. She turns to another boy. "Any progress on using the wristbands to contact the ark?"

"Monty!" she called once she noticed that he wasn't paying attention to her.

Monty glanced between us before replying, "That would be a firm no." Their expressions showed the sadness they felt, much like us, trying to adapt to a new life.

Anya saw these people as a threat, but they were just kids. The blonde girl looked down at Jasper, a mix of worry and determination in her eyes. "My mother would know what to do," she said softly.

A dark-skinned boy entered the room. I realized there was no easy way out. Climbing down to leave seemed impossible without knocking everyone out first.

"How's he doing?" he asked.

"How does he look like he's doing, Wells?" Clarke snapped, tension thick between them.

Finn and I exchanged glances, watching the interaction. Wells remained calm. "Hey, I'm just trying to help," he said. Clarke sighed, her demeanor softening.

"Right. You want to help?" she hesitated. Wells nodded. "Hold him down." He obliged, and Finn joined to hold Jasper steady.

Clarke heated a knife in the fire beside her. "I'm not going to like this, am I?" Monty asked, observing her.

In a split second, Jasper's screams filled the room. I pressed my head against the wall, unable to bear the noise. "Hold him still!" Clarke commanded.

"He wasn't in this much pain when Aislinn treated him," I thought.

"I need to cut away the infected flesh," Clarke explained as Monty moved closer to help.

Suddenly, a girl with long black hair climbed into the room, worry etched on her face. "Stop it! You're killing him!" she cried, looking familiar. "This is all your fault!" she spat at me, eyes burning with hatred.

"She's trying to save his life," Finn corrected.

My attention shifted as Bellamy entered, his presence commanding. "She can't," he declared, and Clarke sighed.

Wells stood up, nearly towering over Bellamy. "Back off," he warned. The two boys glared at each other.

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die," Wells said.

"Kid's a goner," Bellamy stated, scanning the room until his eyes landed on me. "Well, well, Sleeping Beauty finally decides to wake up."

"Bellamy, she doesn't understand us," Octavia, identical to Bellamy, said, rolling her eyes.

Her emerald green eyes reminded me of Jax's. I stared, realizing she was the girl from the drawing, even prettier in person.

"We'll make her understand," Bellamy said, clearly craving attention.

"Yu na wan op," I repeated, the words I spoke before being hit with a rock.

Jasper's groans diverted everyone's attention. Bellamy's presence filled me with dread.

"If you can't see that he's a goner, you're deluded," Bellamy said. Clarke rolled her eyes. "He's making people crazy," he added, glancing at me.

"I bet Sleeping Beauty's tired of hearing his screams. I bet that's what woke her up," he said. Clarke turned to me, anger evident in her face. "Sorry if Jasper is an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark," she retorted, turning to Bellamy. "Down here, every life matters."

She reminded me of my mother, fierce and unyielding. "Take a look at him. He's a lost cause," Bellamy said, and the room fell silent, doubt creeping in.

Clarke spoke with determination, "Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope."

Bellamy's voice boomed, "This isn't about hope, it's about guts." Octavia looked down, everyone in the room, including me, wanting Bellamy to leave. "You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do."

"If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself. Then I'll kill her as a warning to her people." Bellamy's threat hung in the air as he climbed down the steps. He paused, hand on the railing. "Octavia, let's go."

Octavia remained, defiant. "I'm staying here," she said, glaring at me.