10||

"Juno, get up, now," Indra's stern voice jolted me awake. My eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the dim light filtering through the tent. I saw Indra standing over me, her expression tense and urgent.

"What's going on?" I asked, still groggy from sleep.

"There's no time to explain," she snapped, grabbing my arm and pulling me to my feet. "Anya has called for an emergency meeting. The sky people have attacked."

My heart raced as I quickly dressed and followed Indra outside. The air was thick with tension, and I could see warriors were gearing up, sharpening their weapons, and preparing for battle.

We arrived at the central clearing where Anya stood, her face a mask of controlled fury. "The sky people have crossed a line," she announced, her voice carrying over the assembled crowd.

"Their missiles have burnt one of our villages to the ground. They think they can scare us with their fire from the sky. They think we are weak."

A murmur of anger rippled through the crowd. I felt a surge of will power rise within me. These people had taken so much from us, and now they had gone too far.

"Juno," Anya called, her eyes locking onto mine. "We need every warrior ready. This is no longer just about survival. This is about sending a message. Will you stand with us?"

I stepped forward, my gaze unwavering. "I will stand with you," I declared, my voice strong. "The sky people will learn to fear the strength of the tree people."

Anya nodded, a fierce pride in her eyes. "Good. Prepare yourself. We have a long way to go."

As the crowd dispersed to make final preparations, I felt Indra's hand on my shoulder. "This is your chance to prove yourself, Juno," she said quietly. "Remember everything I've taught you. Fight with honor, and show them the strength of a warrior."

I nodded, feeling the weight of her words. This was it-the moment my father had been trying to prepare me for my whole life. The sky people had made a grave mistake, and we would make sure they never forgot it.

With renewed dedication, I headed to gear up, ready to face whatever lay ahead. I knew that this time, I would not back down. The sky people would pay for what they had done, and I would be there to see it through.

................................................................................

3 days earlier

    I walked through the forest, the evening light filtering through the dense canopy overhead.

The quiet rustling of leaves and the distant calls of birds provided a soothing backdrop, but my mind was far from at ease.

The weight of recent events-the attack on my village, the loss of Daktari, and the fight with Jax-hung heavily on my heart.

As I rounded a bend in the path, I heard a faint groan. My hand instinctively reaching for the knife at my belt. I moved cautiously towards the sound, my eyes scanning the underbrush.

There, slumped against a tree, was a young man. His clothes were dirty and torn, and his face was bruised and swollen. He looked up as I approached, his eyes filled with a mix of pain and defiance.

"Who are you?" I demanded, my knife held ready but not yet raised.

The man winced as he shifted slightly, trying to get a better look at me. "Name's Murphy. John Murphy," he said, his voice rough.