3: Strange Boy

Chapter three
°·ˈ‧₊
Strange boy

Chapter three✧°₊·♡∗ˈ‧₊Strange boy

     Her lungs burned. Marilla was peddling cause her life depended on it. She kept looking back to see if they were following her, she knew she shouldn't have. How could she ever move forward if she kept looking back? Marilla had to ride her pink little bike to the farthest bus stop in hopes her parents couldn't reach her.

As far as Marilla knew they weren't chasing her. A part of her was relieved, the other part wanted her parents to follow her, to bring her home and say that they were sorry and that...

That maybe they could be a family again.

Marilla shook her head from her thoughts. They would never do that. They would never say sorry, no matter how much she wanted them to.

The Filipino girl halted her bike at the bus stop, it making a terrible screeching sound when it did. She sat down, her backpack loosely hanging on her shoulder. Collecting the few dollar bills she had saved, Marilla took a moment to admire her surroundings.

The trees whispered with the wind, the feeling of the ground on her feet felt monumental like it was the first time she walked, the air was a slight breeze. The cool of it making Marilla shiver.

Oh, how she missed the world, oh how she missed the sun, oh how she missed being alive.

The screech of the bus broke Marilla from her thoughts, immediately Marilla hopped on bike in hand until she was stopped by the bus driver's hand.

"Sorry, kid. No bikes allowed," the bus driver spoke, he had a cigarette in his mouth, his cap on his head slightly falling off, and he had sunglasses on him.

Shouldn't there be no smoking allowed either?

Marilla didn't say this for fear of angering the man and getting kicked off.

So the girl did what she was always taught in church.

Do unto others what you would do unto yourself!

"Please, mister I really need the bike, I have extra cash if you need it?" Marilla asked kindly, a smile adorning her face.

The bus driver's eyes somewhat softened at this, before the man groaned.

"Fine but don't make a ruckus." The bus driver lectured.

Marilla smiled greatly.

Wow it's been a long time since I've smiled.

"Thank you, mister." Marilla nodded her head to him.

"Where ya headed?"

Marilla thought in her mind before the words came spilling out of her mouth.

"A diner."

"Just any diner or do you have one in mind?" The bus driver asked.

"The closest diner you can find." With that Marilla made her way to the back of the bus.