2: A Dream Escape

Chapter two
°·ˈ‧₊
A Dream Escape

Tw: religious abuse, recalls of physical abuse, child abuse (nothing graphic), running away

     Marilla's steps echoed throughout the place. When Marilla fell asleep she was stuck with a dream like no other. She stood in the middle of a creepy stairway leading down to the basement of a creepy house.

It was strange. Marilla never really had control over her dreams. The girl would know that she was dreaming but never had the ability to move in her dreams. Marilla dreams were like watching tv show and you were stuck to the chair not being able to move at all. At least that's what Marilla thinks tv is. She was never allowed to watch tv cause her father believed technology was the work of the devil. After today with the fates appearing in her closet, Marilla found herself okay with the strange if it meant she could finally run away from those four walls.

"But all I've wanted was to be free of you."

Marilla couldn't recognize the voice. It was a man's voice, an old man judging from the way he spoke. Marilla kept walking down to the basement until she was met with a shock. There in the basement stood two old men, one in a wheelchair and the other pushing it. Just a couple feet away from them was some sort of security guards but the men and the guards what weren't shocked Marilla instead it was who they were talking to.

In the middle of the dim basement room stood what looked like a large fishbowl. Inside the fish bowl was a man. The man had had hair dark as black and extremely pale skin. Marilla could've mistaken him for ghost if she was farther away.

Marilla spoke. "Um...Hello?".

You moron it's a dream of course they're not gonna say hello!

As Marilla expected none of them looked at the girl. None of them even acknowledged her presence.

Huh guess I'm a ghost in my dream.

Marilla laughed a little at her thoughts.

The filipino girl kept her eyes on the scene in front of her. The man pushing the wield chair led his husband back away from the fishbowl, in doing so he accidentally blew away some of the yellow chalk on the floor. Marilla saw that the pale man noticed it too. The girl wanted to help the man. Even if it was a dream.

Marilla walked up to the large fish tank and tapped on it. Marilla didn't expect anything from her actions but as she tapped it, it exploded. Instead of the explosion killing Marilla, it just blast her away along with the security. When Marilla got up from the floor she saw that she was no longer in the same dream instead she was in what look to be a broken castle.

Marilla saw a throne room that seemed to be long abandoned. In the middle of the castle was the same man from the fish bowl. He was dressed in a cloak that was pitch black. Next to him was a woman. The woman had beautiful dark black skin, a shaved head and her lovely face was framed with round glasses. The two were talking about something but Marilla couldn't hear them.