𝟎𝟗 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊 : 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜

       It's been two days since Siddharth had his interaction with his mysterious savior. Almost three days since Avantika tortured his closed ones who were still weak and recovering. The only less affected among the eight was him. And he couldn't hate the woman more than for this.

But he had no other choice but to act on her commands like a puppet. And he had promised himself to protect his only family at any cost. Even if it meant, letting himself fall into the depths of hell.

And maybe because he knew… that there was someone out there who would willingly protect him, nevertheless.

He couldn't understand what bond he shared with that red cloaked guy but he knew, somewhere deep down inside him, he knew he had a close relation with his mysterious savior.

Siddharth sighed, looking at his flushed face in the mirror. If any other person was to look at him like that, they'd assume he was crushing on someone. But he wasn't.

He accepts that he felt flustered and shy around that male or a weird, giddy feeling in his body upon thinking about the male but he was sure that his feelings were pure and nowhere romantic but in a way of platonic. It was confusing for his own self to understand but he knew, he liked that unknown, mysterious savior of his. And he was dying to meet him again.

Siddharth stepped out of his room with his leather bag slung over his left shoulder before slowly making his way downstairs. The rest were already present on the dinner table, waiting for him.

He forced out a smile to everyone before slowly taking his usual seat. Everyone was silent. No one speaking a single word. And he knew why. After all, he expected this after he agreed to go on a solo mission for Avantika. His first ever actual mission. For what he was trained for all these years. For what they all were trained for.

Usually, it was others who executed the given tasks. Vaishnavi and Sumedh made sure that Siddharth was left out of the danger. Either back in their RV van in which they traveled together or back at the mansion. But right now, with all of them being injured and still on meds and bed rest, Avantika took it as an advantage and called upon the younger one to execute the task; taking on a child molester.

No, she's not doing anything right. She wants the shadow to collect evidence against the minister’s son so she could blackmail him and get money. She doesn't care about the child victims who had to go through worse. She doesn't care about anyone but her own self.

And Siddharth felt sick. Sick to his stomach. He accepted that but not because he actually wanted to. He did because he wanted his family to be safe. Obviously, Avantika had openly threatened him with the lives of his dear ones if he refused. He was left with no choice but to obey. And he did.

❝I'll take care of myself.❞ He muttered softly after sometime. Not liking the silent treatment he was getting from everyone. They were furious when they found out what Siddharth agreed to.

❝Don’t go, Sid. Please.❞ Riyaz low voice came as he looked at his best friend with hopeless eyes.
❝I can go instead. This is not safe for you.❞ Faisu said, his one eye dark bruised and lip wound still sensitive.

Siddharth shook his head, a pained smile on his lips.
❝I have to go. For us. And I promise, I will be back with a way for this hell to end for once and all.❞ He shouldn't have said that but he couldn't help it. He was aware of the confused looks of everyone on him but he had made his mind.

❝What do you mean?❞ Vaishnavi’s weak voice finally break through the silence. Siddharth hasn't uttered a single word about the encounter of his with his unknown savior. And he wasn't ready to share it with anyone. It felt violated. Red was his secret. A secret he wanted to keep to himself for all his life.