1b. Yuno's Little Sister

Takes place two years after part one. Asta's now 15, Yuno's 17.

"Hey, Yuno!" Mimosa squeals, running up to the raven-haired male.

"What's up, Mimosa?" Yuno asks, turning to face the girl.

"Do you know if Asta's going to be taking the Magic Knights' Entrance Exam tomorrow?"

"Yes, she's very excited for it." Yuno says, smiling.

"I bet she is. After all, tomorrow could be the day she becomes a member of the Golden Dawn."

"Yeah, makes me wonder just how much stronger she's gotten."

"Huh? You don't know?"

"I haven't seen her since before she got her grimoire."

"Oh, I guess we have been pretty busy these last few months, huh?" Mimosa says, thoughtfully.

"Yes. Has Captain Vangeance agreed to let us accompany him to the entrance exam?"

"Oh, yes. I can't wait to see how much stronger Asta has gotten these last few months."

♧ ♧ ♧

"Next." The mage at the desk says, boredly.

Asta steps forward. "I'm Asta, from Hage Village. Here's my grimoire." She says, showing the mage her dirty old grimoire.

"Uh, are you sure that's a grimoire? It's not in the best shape, is it?"

"What? Of course, I'm sure." Asta says, shoving her grimoire further into the mage's face.

"Alright, back off." The mage says, pushing the ash-blonde's grimoire away. "You're number one-sixty-six."

"Thanks!" Asta says before running off.

♧ ♧ ♧

The mage turns around to the others after all the examinees had been registered. "Hey, how many leaves does a clover have?"

"Huh?" One of the mages turns toward the first one. "You live in the Clover Kingdom, and you don't know how many leaves a clover has?"

The other mage chimes in. "Well, the typical clover has three leaves, representing faith, hope, and love."

"And the fourth leaf represents luck." The second mage adds.

"What about the fifth?" The first mage asks.

"I don't think clovers can have five leaves." The third mage says, scratching his head.

"Why do you ask, anyway?"

"Well, some girl had a five-leaf clover grimoire." The first mage explains.

"Are you sure her grimoire had a five-leaf clover on it?"

"Hey, I know what I saw! She had a dirty five-leaf clover grimoire!"

"What are we talking about in here?" A female mage asks, walking into the room.

"Jeremy says he saw a five-leaf clover grimoire." The second mage says, gesturing to the first mage.

"Are you sure?" The female mage asks.

"For the last time, I know what I saw!" Jeremy defends.

"Hey, I believe you." The woman says.

"Really? Thank you, Alice! I love you so much!" Jeremy says, hugging the girl's leg like a three-year-old.

"You actually believe him?" The second mage says, shocked.

"Yes, I do, Charles." Alice says. "Now, would you let go of me, Jeremy?"