1c. Yuno's Little Sister

Asta looks at Sekke with hollow eyes before smirking and pulling out her grimoire.

"No holding back, remember?" Sekke says, opening his grimoire. "Bronze Creation Magic, Sekke Magnum Cannonball!"

"I was actually going to ignore that myself, but if you insist I not hold back, I guess I have no choice." Asta says, opening a slightly thicker version of Sister Lily's grimoire. "Water Creation Magic, Holf Fist of Love!" A fist made of water broke through Sekke's pathetic attempt at a defensive spell and within seconds he was knocked out.

Mimosa turns to Yuno from where she's standing behind Captain Vangeance's chair. "Isn't that Sister Lily's magic?"

"Yeah."

"So, then, how could Asta use her magic?"

"No idea."

"That should be quite impossible." Captain Vangeance says. "Though, I suppose there could be a magic out there that would allow the mage to use the spells of others."

"Not just the spells of others, though. Look, Asta's using Sister Lily's grimoire." Mimosa says, pointing to the grimoire shining a brilliant blue.

"Yes, and grimoire are only supposed to answer to their chosen master." Captain Vangeance agrees, holding his chin between his pointer finger and thumb.

"Do you think it's possible Asta has some kind of spell that allows her to use someone else's grimoire?" Mimosa questions.

"I suppose. And that might also explain the other grimoire." Yuno says, referring to the other grimoire floating in front of Asta, this one glowing a blood-red.

♧ ♧ ♧

"Number one-sixty-six, please step forward." Asta steps forward, towards the captains. "Do we have any hands?"

Only two captains put their hands up, Captain William Vangeance of the Golden Dawn, and Captain Yami Sukehiro of the Black Bulls.

There were whispers behind her along the lines of "The Golden Dawn and the Black Bulls want her? Surely, she'll choose the Golden Dawn, right?" and "Obviously, she's going to choose the Golden Dawn. I mean, you would have to be insane to pass up a chance at getting into the Golden Dawn." Though, Asta isn't paying attention, so she doesn't hear.

"I would like to join the Black Bulls." Asta says, shocking literally everyone.

"Uh... Oh, right. Number one-sixty-six, the Black Bulls."

♧ ♧ ♧

Finral walks up to Asta after the entrance exam has concluded. "You know you're insane, right?"

Asta smiles brightly. "I'm aware."

"Okay, so then why did you choose the Black Bulls when you had the opportunity to join the Golden Dawn?"

"Oh, simple, I hate formalities." Asta says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "And from what Yuno and Mimosa have told me, the members of the Golden Dawn are very stuffy."

"You know two people in the Golden Dawn?!"

"Yep, and they were both standing behind Captain Vangeance."

"If you knew two people in the Golden Dawn, then it would've been easier to get into their squad."

"I know, but I hate formalities."

"Right..." Finral turns around. "Yami should be back soon."

♧ ♧ ♧

"Yuno!" Mimosa says, running up to the black-haired boy.

"What's up, Mimosa?"

"How come Asta didn't join the Golden Dawn like I thought she would?"

"Probably because she had the opportunity to join the most casual squad."

"Aw... And I was hoping I'd get to work with her too!" Mimosa whines.

"I know, so was I."