8. Matching Bruises

A/N: I honestly have no idea where this one came from. But enjoy... I guess...

Asta and Nozel are about to kiss when they accidentally hit their foreheads really hard and get matching bruises.

"Damn commoner." Nozel mumbles, rubbing his forehead where there's a purple bruise forming.

"Hey!" Asta whines, her hands on her hips.

♧ ♧ ♧

Asta walks through a corridor in the Silva castle, rubbing her forehead when she bumps into someone.

"Watch where you're going, insect." Noelle spats, standing up.

"Sorry, Noelle. I can't believe that happened twice in one day." Asta mumbles, getting back up on her feet.

"Whatever, Asta." Noelle says, flipping her hair. "But what are you doing here anyway?" She asks, confused.

"Oh..." Asta starts. "I was just... um..." She says, struggling to find a good excuse.

"Well, I suppose it doesn't matter. But why do you have a bruise on your forehead?"

"I accidentally headbutted someone."

"How do you 'accidentally' headbutt someone?" Noelle asks, her eyebrow raised.

"I don't know, how do you 'accidentally' sleep with someone?"

"Th-that is not the same thing!" Noelle defends, her arms crossed. "Besides, we were drunk." She says, her nose in the air. "So, how do you accidentally headbutt someone?"

"We were going in to kiss each other and we missed." Asta says, shrugging.

"Who were you going to kiss?" Noelle asks, curiously.

Asta blinks repeatedly at her best friend. "Why does that matter?"

Noelle shrugs. "It doesn't, I was just curious."

♧ ♧ ♧

Nozel walks down the corridor, rubbing his bruise, which brings his eyes out quite nicely, when he bumps into someone.

"Seriously!?" They yell. "Again?!" Noelle screams getting back to her feet. "That's the second time today!" She yells waving her finger in Nozel's face.

"Compose yourself, Noelle, this is unbecoming of royalty."

Noelle huffs, crossing her arms over her chest. "Whatever." She says before catching sight of the purple bruise on his forehead. "What happened to your forehead?"

"An accident." He states simply before beginning to walk away.

"You know, I ran into Asta earlier and she had a bruise just like the one you're sporting." Noelle says, making Nozel stop in his tracks. "She said she got it when she tried to kiss someone, but she ended up headbutting them instead."

"I have no idea what you're speaking of, Noelle." Nozel says before his steps continue.