4. Just a Little Overprotective, Dontcha Think?

Hi. So, this is an AU where the Black Bulls are overly protective of Asta (think Gauche with Marie).

Zora uses his heel to keep the badly beaten man against the wall of the alley. He leans in to the man's face. "Do you see now what happens to people who hurt our vice-captain?" Zora retracts his foot and walks past Vanessa. "Finish him off, would you?"

"I was hoping I'd get to be the one to do it." Vanessa says, stretching out a piece of thread.

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

The two return to the hideout a few hours later.

"And what were you two off doing?" Finral asks as the two walk into the run-down building.

"Asta got hurt, we were off dealing with the scumbag who hurt her." Zora says, lying on the couch.

"Oh no, is she okay?" Noelle asks in concern.

"Not really, she's in a coma." Vanessa says, opening a bottle of wine.

"Please tell me he's dead, or at least in the hospital like Asta is." Magna says, holding a rope of fire.

"He's dead." Vanessa says after taking a long sip of wine, straight out of the bottle.

"Aw, man!" Luck whines. "I was hoping I'd get to fight him!"

"You know what? Next time Asta gets hurt, we'll make sure to bring the bastard back to the hideout alive and then we can each have a turn hurting him." Zora says.

"Fine. But only if I get to be the first to fight him." Luck says, punching the air in front of him.

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

"Sir. We have a situation." Marx says to Julius, who's currently looking out the ceiling-length window.

"Oh? What is it?" Julius asks, turning around to face the mushroom head.

"There was a murder last night." Marx says, placing a brown folder on the wizard king's desk.

"And why exactly does this concern us?" Julius asks, not touching the folder.

"Well, sir. There's evidence that suggests a Magic Knight did it."

"Ah, I see." Julius says, his pointer finger resting on his chin in thought. "What exactly is the evidence that suggests that?"

"Well, for starters there's the witnesses that say they saw two Magic Knights with the victim around time of death."

"Any credible?"

"All of them, sir."

"Did any of them see what squad they're with?"

"The Black Bulls."

"Right. And do we have a clear motive?"

"Asta, sir."

"What about Asta?" Julius asks, now a tiny bit angry.

"Well, sir. The police were gathering enough evidence to get an arrest warrant. See, the victim had caused the vice-captain of the Black Bulls to go into a comatose state."

"Marx."

"Yes, sir?"

"What Black Bulls were out on missions at the time of death?"

"Let's see..." Marx says, opening another folder. "Ah. Captain Yami Sukehiro, Magna Swing, Luck Voltia, Gauche Adlai, Finral Rulacase, Noelle Silva, Charmy Papitson, Grey, and Gordon Agrippa. Which means, Vanessa Enoteca and Zora Ideale weren't accounted for at the time of death."

"Then bring them in for questioning."

"Right away, sir." Marx says before leaving.

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

The Black Bulls were sitting at the table for breakfast when a letter from the wizard king fell on Magna's lap. "Huh? What's this?" Magna asks, opening the letter.

"What is it?" Noelle asks the street punk.

Magna glares at Noelle. "What do you think I'm tryna find out?!"

"I was just asking." Noelle says, sticking her nose in the air.

"Well, what's it say. Is there an attack on the capital again? Does the wizard king want us to go fight someone strong?" Luck asks.

"If you would let me read it, I would know!" Magna yells, irritated. "Oh." Magna looks up at Zora and Vanessa. "It's a summons to the capital for Zora and Vanessa."

Finral begins sweating heavily. "You don't think he knows about what you two did, do you?"

"I guess we'll just have to go and see." Vanessa says before drinking more wine.

"Great. More bullshit." Zora sighs.

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

"Do you two know why I called you here today?" Julius asks the two Magic Knights standing in front of his desk.

"Because we killed some guy." Zora states boredly. "Look, we're both willing to pay the price, so let's just get this over with and arrest us already."

"Huh?!" Vanessa looks at Zora like he just betrayed her, and well, he did. "I admit to nothing!" She says, her head turned away from the redhead.

"Come on, this will be a lot easier if you just admit to it."

"No! If I do then I go to prison. And if I go to prison that means I won't have access to any booze!" Vanessa says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You know, Zora is right." Julius says with a smile on his face. "This will be a lot easier if you just confess."

A/N: I have no clue what goes on in my mind. Keep an eye out for part 2!