4c. Just a Little Overprotective, Dontcha Think?

"Seriously, these guys never can learn their lesson, can they?" Zora sighs after he knocks out yet another one of the Black Bulls' vice-captain's assailants.

"Yeah." Finral says. "You didn't kill them, did you? You promised Luck you would bring them back to the hideout so the others can have a turn torturing them."

"Nah, he's still alive, just barely. We'll have Noelle heal them when we get back."

"Yeah, alright." Finral opens a portal for the Chain Chomp and the two unconscious bodies he's dragging before he turns to the hurt Asta. "You alright, vice-captain?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Asta says, applying more pressure to the deep gash on her stomach.

"Come on, let's get back to the base so Noelle can heal you." Finral says, helping his superior onto her feet.

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

"Hey, Noelle!" Zora says as he walks to the silver-haired royal who's sitting at the bar.

She turns to him. "Yeah, what do you need?"

"I need you to heal some scumbags for me."

"Why do you want them healed if they're scumbags?" Noelle asks, confused.

"Because they hurt Asta, and like I promised, they're alive so we can each have a turn hurting them."

"Ah, I see." Noelle says, getting off the bar stool she was perched on. "Lead the way."

"Of course, your highness." Zora says, mockingly with a bow.

Noelle rolls her eyes. "Move it, before I make you break that promise of yours."

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

"Woah! Do I get to fight them both?!" Luck says, lightning surrounding his body.

"No." Zora says, making Luck's smile disappear.

"Aww... Then why did you bring me down here?"

"If you would let me finish, I would've explained that." Zora says, annoyed. Luck nods. "You get to fight one."

"What?!" Luck whines. "Why do I only get one?"

"Well, I'm sure you'd love to fight someone to the death, so here's your chance. So, either be happy fighting one to the death or you get to share them both with the rest of us."

"Yeah, all right." Luck says, before lightning surrounds his body again. "So, which one do I get to fight?!"

"Pick one." Zora says, his hand out to them. "Oh, but one more quick thing."

"What is it?" Luck asks, looking at the Ash Magic user with puppy dog eyes that are still adorable despite the crazed look.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Noelle asks.

"Oh, yeah, well, I may or may not of told the Wizard King about my idea if we got more than one scumbag to let Luck fight one to the death, and he decided he had to watch. So, once Luck picks one we'll go meet with King Julius at the sight where the Royal Knight's selection exam took place."

🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛🐦‍⬛

The members of the Black Bulls exit Finral's portal to be met with Julius and Marx.

"Well, it sure has been a long time since we've been out here, huh?" Julius asks with a smile on his face.

"Yup! And I get to fight again!" Luck says, pumped.

"And here's your opponent." Zora says, gently placing the guy Luck chose to fight on the ground.

"Wow. So gentle." Vanessa says.

"Hey, it wouldn't be much of a fight if the scumbag got injured before it even began now would it?"

Everyone mumbles something in agreement.

"Excellently said, Zora." Julius says. The blonde Wizard King then bends down to Asta's scumbag assailant. "Now, tell me, what's your name?"

"I-it's Leonce F-Ferguson." The scumbag stutters out.

"Alright, Leonce, I'm going to explain what's going to happen to you." Leonce nods and Julius continues. "You're going to fight this young man here." Julius stretches his hand out to Luck, who gives his usual manic smile, making Leonce shudder.

"I h-have to f-fight him?" Leonce asks, scooting back into Zora's leg on accident.

"Hey, watch it, or I'll kill you myself." Zora threatens.

"Now, as I was saying." Julius continues. "You're going to fight and you'll get to live if you manage to win."

"I will?"

"Yes. But, if you lose, well..."

"W-well, what?" Leonce asks, nervously.

"Then you die." Zora says in Leonce's ear, making him flinch.

"D-do I a-at least get to u-use my magic?"

"Of course." Julius's smile turned serious. "After all, we want you to give us a good show."

"Can we fight now?" Luck asks, electricity swirling around his body.

Julius stands and turns toward the electric mage. "If you're ready."

"Of course I'm ready." Luck says.