The Shadow Man Of Room 413

The fluorescent lights flickered overhead, casting an eerie glow in the deserted hallways of St

The fluorescent lights flickered overhead, casting an eerie glow in the deserted hallways of St. Agnes Hospital. Night shift nurse Emily Parker hurried along on her rounds, her footsteps echoing off the scuffed linoleum. As she approached the nurse's station, a sudden chill ran down her spine.

She paused, glancing at her watch - midnight on the dot. Right on cue, out of the corner of her eye, she saw it. A dark, shadowy figure gliding soundlessly down the corridor and vanishing into room 413.

Emily's heart pounded. She'd seen glimpses of this spectral form for weeks now, always at the stroke of midnight, always disappearing into that same abandoned room.

Everyone avoided 413. It hadn't been used to house patients in years. Some said a malevolent presence haunted it, the tormented souls of those who had suffered and died within its walls. Emily had dismissed such ghost stories - until she started seeing the shadow man herself.

Mustering her courage, she approached the room and pressed her ID badge against the electronic lock. With a beep and a click, the door swung open. Emily peered into the inky darkness, fumbling for the light switch.

The fluorescents sputtered to life, revealing a scene of decay. Faded, peeling wallpaper. Cobweb-enshrouded furniture. A fine layer of undisturbed dust coating every surface. No sign of the shadowy figure.

Emily ventured inside, fighting the urge to turn and flee. What secrets did this room hold? What dark history was the hospital administration trying to bury? She had to find out.

As she examined the room, her eyes fell upon an old metal filing cabinet in the corner, its paint chipped and rusted. She pulled open a drawer, sending a puff of dust into the air. Inside were yellowed patient records dating back decades.

With trembling hands, she flipped through the brittle pages. Her eyes widened as she read the horrifying truth - room 413 had once housed patients afflicted with a mysterious, highly contagious disease. One by one they had succumbed, their agonized screams echoing through the halls.

But there was something else, scrawled in the margins of the final entries

But there was something else, scrawled in the margins of the final entries. Chilling references to a shadow that crept from bed to bed, hovering over the dying. A dark presence that fed off suffering and despair...