𝔰𝔦𝔵

Annika watched, as her husband diced the onions and tomatoes, before beating the eggs with a fork.

"Shall I help?" She offered.

"No!" Her husband's eyes shot up to look her in the eyes, wide-eyed, as he shook his head vehemently. As her eyes narrowed, he smiled hastily, "I mean, there's no need, love." She crossed her arms in fort of her. "You should be resting."

"After sex?" She tilted her head, her eyebrows furrowing.

A corner of Shivaay's lips curved upwards, amusedly. "Who would've thought that the Blushing Queen would be so bold, one day?"

Annika's cheeks heated up as the blood rushed to her face, while she tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "I wasn't that bold." She shrugged, attempting nonchalance.

"You weren't exactly blushing in bed, what with being on top and controlling the entire scenario, love," he chuckled, mixing the onions and the tomatoes together in the egg while adding cheese cubes and bits of spinach.

Annika's nose scrunched, "Do you have to add all that grass?"

"It's spinach, darling," Shivaay arched an eyebrow in amusement.

"Same thing," she mumbled.

She leaned against the counter, watching as her husband toasted the bread to a perfect golden brown shade before putting a symmetrical slab of butter on it.

There was a soft glow on his face—— a twinkle of brightness that had been missing in his eyes for the past few weeks. Annika had seen it, the first time she'd told him that she loved him. The dreamy smile on his face was present currently too.

As she watched Shivaay flip the omelette without spilling a single bit, she noticed the subtle nod of pride at having done the job flawlessly.

She couldn't help herself: she walked towards Shivaay, wrapping her arms around him from the back while leaning her head on his back. Her hands rested on his chest, and she placed a kiss on his back. Shivaay plated the omelette, turning off the stove.

"What happened, sweetheart?" He chuckled. Annika merely stayed quiet, savouring the sound of his laugh which was as melodious as wind chimes in a soft breeze.

Knowing it was due to her lack of response that Shivaay turned around and cupped her face, she shook her head with a radiant smile, turning her face to place a kiss on the inside of his palm.

"Nothing," she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck, pulling him down to meet her in a kiss, that set her entire body ablaze, from the lips, to the tips of her fingers which weaved through his hair and the tips of her toes which felt like jelly.

She felt Shivaay press deeper, tilting her head slightly, and pulling her closer, encircling his arms around her waist even more tightly. Shivaay leaned back for a second, before placing his lips on her neck and grazing his teeth. He soothed the sting with his tongue.

Shivaay moved lower, his hands running over her sides before he stepped back. Annika moaned softly, her eyes rolling to the back of her head, as her husband kissed every inch of naked flesh he had access to—— making sure to leave behind red and purplish spots she would have to hide with twenty bottles of concealers.

Shivaay leaned back, breathing heavily, as he rested his forehead against hers. Annika's eyelids opened slowly, her mind still fogged from the aftermath of that searing make out session while her husband's darker greenish shade of his irises made her swallow.

"Will I be rewarded with a kiss every morning?" he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"My kisses are rewarding, are they?" She grinned.