𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Annika leaned into his touch, as Shivaay rubbed the pad of his thumb over her cheek.

"It's frightening," he whispered softly. "To be considered someone's first choice." He sighed, "What if I fail to live up to the expectations?"

"Do Omkara or Rudra have to fill certain criteria for you to put the two above all else?" Annika arched an eyebrow.

Shivaay frowned, "Of course not."

"Then why do you think that you do?" Annika questioned.

He swallowed, looking away, "It feels," he paused, "surreal."

"Well, you better believe it's real, because I'm not going anywhere," she stated firmly. "Even if you fight against me to break you out of this toxic mindset, I'll not back down." She placed a hand on his chest, tapping lightly, "You deserve unconditional love, Shivaay. And most importantly, you deserve to love yourself."

His eyes fell onto her mouth, before he glanced up at her.

He pressed his lips to her, smirking as she let out a startled yelp, which he swallowed in his mouth. He tightened his grip around the back of her neck causing her to let out a whimper.

Her one hand splayed on the side of his neck as the other trailed up the back of his head and she threaded her fingers through his hair.

His left hand ran down the side of her curves before he pulled her body flush against his. Annika's knees buckled, and she felt delirious—— her heart beat furiously in her chest, and the sense of touch overruled all others.

She felt like each and every nerve of hers was on fire, as he kissed her hungrily.

Annika felt his fingers press against her hip, as he pulled her bottom lip between his teeth, biting harshly enough to draw blood. He ran his tongue over her lip, and she whimpered as her blood hummed in her veins.

As he drew back, Annika fluttered her eyes open, breathless and lightheaded. Her husband's eyes were a steely blue, as he looked at her in amusement, arching an eyebrow.

"W-w-what was that?" She whispered in a breathless tone.

He smirked, rubbing the pad of his thumb over her lips, "I wanted to kiss my wife." He shrugged, "So, I did."

"I still haven't forgiven you for what you said last night," she replied coolly.

"I know," he sighed, shaking his head. "I was a jerk, and you deserve more than a kiss as an apology." He trailed his finger down the side of her neck and traced her outline of her breasts as she flushed, and swatted his hand away. "Shall we?"

Annika arched an eyebrow, rolling her eyes. "Just to be clear," she narrowed her eyes, "I still haven't forgiven you."

"Crystal clear, my love," he picked her up, as she yelped out loud, her arms winding around his neck.

꧁꧂

Tia hummed, knocking gently on the familiar door, opening it and slipping inside as soon as she registered the faint voice of her elder sister: "Come in."

Shutting the door behind her, she smiled faintly at her elder sister who looked agitated as she rummaged through some papers scattered on the bed.

"Di?" Tia asked softly. "I believe Tej Singh Oberoi will do something soon." Svetlana glanced at her momentarily, humming. "Di?"

"What?" Svetlana snapped.

Tia's eyebrows furrowed—— her sister had been in a good mood recently, but it seemed that the time for that had run out.