𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Gauri looked at her husband, who had a small smile on his face, as he brushed his hair. She was busy braiding her own hair, and preparing to retire for the night.

The short conversation she'd had with Annika, had been enough to lift her spirits—— she glanced at the bangles she'd kept inside her bedside drawer which was currently open.

A small smile appeared on her face, and she grinned.

"You look happy," Omkara's voice broke her out of her reverie and she looked at him, with a chuckle.

"It felt good to talk to Bhoujai after so long," Gauri shrugged.

"Ditto," Omkara smiled. "But with Shivaay."

"I guessed," Gauri rolled her eyes.

A knock on the door, made the two turn to it, with a confused frown.

"Who could it be?" Omkara wondered out loud.

He walked towards the door, before opening it.

Gauri noticed the way her husband stiffened, as soon as he'd set his sights on the person on the other side.

Gauri stood up, only to have her smile disappear as soon as she noticed Tej Singh Oberoi, standing in front of them. Her father-in-law's face was contorted into a cold and detached look, as he tilted his head.

"You're joining Oberoi Industries, from tomorrow," Tej looked at his son.

Omkara exhaled slowly, "No."

"Omkara——" Tej's nostrils flared.

"I've told you a million times that business is not something I want to get into," Omkara snapped. "And I have no idea, what the fuck on earth," Tej startled at his son's use of profanity, "made you think, I'd even agree, after you threw out Shivaay."

"Omkara——" Tej pinched the bridge of his nose, as his eyes narrowed in irritation.

"Goodnight, Mr. Oberoi," Omkara shut the door in his face, before locking it from the inside.

He walked back towards his wife, who intertwined their hands together.

"Are you alright?" Gauri looked at her husband worriedly.

"Yes," he cleared his throat, pulling his hand back. He walked over to the other side, and laid down on the bed, with his arm behind his head, near the headboard. "We should go to sleep, Gauri."

Gauri pursed her lips, before laying down beside him. "Goodnight, Omkaraji."

꧁꧂

Gauri frowned, shaking her head as she mashed the potatoes.

A yawn caused her to look up at her brother-in-law, who grinned at her, lazily. "G'morning, Chulbul Bhabhi." Rudra walked over to the refrigerator, not noticing the way Gauri's fingers stilled, as her eyes widened. She stared at Rudra, open mouthed, blinking back the tears. Her lips curved into a happy smile, and she sniffled. Rudra—— who had been swinging his avocado up into the air, caught it—— before turning around, startled, to see Gauri wiping her tears away with the heel of her palm. "Bhabhi?" His eyebrows furrowed. "What's wrong?"