𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

Annika placed a hand over her mouth, stifling a yawn, as she glanced at the clock. It was getting late—— and her husband wasn't back yet.

She swallowed—— she didn't know how she would feel if Shivaay was once again stuck in some bar at nearly eleven in the night. She'd thought that they'd been making progress, and if he had indeed gone to a bar—— she sighed.

Nahi, Annika—— she shook her head. Shivaay knows that you'll be hurt deeply, and he wouldn't do anything to hurt you, on purpose.

Annika stood up, deciding to walk to the gates, when a sudden sharp pain shot up the side of her skull, and she felt nauseous. Stumbling, she grabbed onto the back of the nearby couch, and scrunched her eyes shut. She whimpered, feeling her knees give away, and slumped down onto the couch.

This is why skipping meals is bad—— she groaned, massaging her temples.

"Annika," the voice which soothed away all her worries, all her sorrows, and all her pain, put a smile on her face, as Shivaay's footsteps approached her.

Knowing that he would be worried incessantly and unnecessarily if he saw her in her current state, Annika grit her teeth and forced herself onto her feet, dragging her feet on the floor, one after the other.

Shivaay appeared in the living room, and despite the clear exhaustion in his eyes, he gave her a bright smile.

Shivaay looked at his wife, who seemed to be lost in thought, even as she approached him. She was enough to drive away all the tenseness of his muscles and the frown lines creasing his forehead.

God, she's gorgeous—— was the first thought that popped into his mind, as she neared him and smiled.

Her eyelashes touched her cheekbones every time she blinked those warm brown eyes he'd fallen so deeply in love with. The ones which hypnotised him with the love they reflected every time they would look at him.

Her smile—— one which soothed away all his worries, when he would merely close his eyes and envision her twinkling eyes, filled with mirth—— made his heart beat faster and faster.

His wife's laughter—— like melodious wind chimes in a soft evening breeze—— was something he wished to bottle up and take with him wherever he went.

"Aap aa gaye?" She grinned. Shivaay blinked. Annika's smile faltered, and her eyebrows creased into a frown, as she waved her hand in front of Shivaay's face. "Hello? Shivaay?"

Her husband merely stood there, staring at her, as his eyes roamed over her facial features. She snapped her fingers, in front of his face and he startled.

"Did you say something?" He cleared his throat, forcing a smile onto his face.

He couldn't help the rush of blood to his cheeks and the back of his neck. He desperately hoped that his beard would hide the way his cheeks were sure to be flaming red.

"Haan," she nodded. "Leave it," she waved him off. "Where were you lost?" Annika frowned.

Shivaay shook his head, trying to come up with an excuse. However, his mouth seemed to have a mind of its own, "In you."

"Huh?" Annika tilted her head, lips parting in surprise.

"Err, I mean——" he swallowed.

Shit!

Why had he said that?

A mischievous smile curved up the corners of her lips, and Annika walked forward, prompting him to take a few steps back.