Chapter 13

I woke up to a nightmare, I got up and took my medicine. My breathing picked up as I had an attack, I went into my room and sat on my bed. I grabbed my phone and called Jack, but he didn't answer. I called Daniel and he picked up instantly.

D: Riley
I gasped out my throat closing up.

D: Fuck I am on my way
I grabbed at my throat not being able to breathe, I curled into a ball and began to shake. I dropped my phone, I jumped when I felt a hand on my leg.

"It's me," I looked up and saw Daniel's mouth moving but couldn't hear him. He put my hand on his chest and began to take deep breaths, I tried to breathe but I couldn't. I unballed myself and sat on his lap as warm tears went down my face. I hugged him and he rubbed my back, he kept taking deep breaths. I eventually calmed down, he was singing to me when I got my hearing back.

"I couldn't hear you," I said as we sat there in silence for a couple of minutes. "It's never gotten that bad, my throat was closing up,"

"You are okay, I know it was hard but you are okay now. I am here," He said as he rubbed my back, and I yawned. "Are you okay? Do you want to go to bed?"

"Please," I yawned, Daniel laid down with me on top of him. He played with my hair until I fell asleep.

I woke up to Daniel moving. "No, stay," I said as I held him down to the bed, I was still on top of him.

"I am just grabbed my phone," Daniel stopped moving, and I closed my eyes again and fell back asleep. I woke back up at 8 to my alarm going off, my head was on Daniel's lap.

"Church," I groaned as I stretched, I grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm. I got out of bed and got ready for church, I took my medicine and did my hair.

"We have to go to my house, I left my stuff,"

"I have some of your hoodies,"

"I am in pajama pants,"

"True, can't go to church in them," I put my shoes on and grabbed my house key, we went to Daniel's house. He got ready and we went to Dunkin for breakfast then went to Elevate my Sunday school class. We went to church service after and then went to lunch at Moes. We went home, showered, and went to dinner. Then drove half an hour to the Casting Crowns concert. We danced and sang all night at the concert and then drove home at 11 when it was done.

"That was awesome."

"It was, that was a great concert. Thank you for bringing me,"

"Absolutely,"

"They were so good,"

"I know, best concert ever,"

"Better than yours,"

"Yep, I like how they told their testimonies and then sang. Like everyone can fuck up and God can love all people,"

"I know, that was awesome that they told their stories."

"I wish I could do that at mine,"

"What is your testimony?"

"It was last year, the whole incident with the band. I am manic, I have very bad mood swings. I have been working on controlling them and with medication I am doing great. It is how my brain copes with the trauma I endured and it started as soon as we left them,"

"I have bipolar too, mine is from my dad, Tony says my brain has been rewired since I remembered it. "

"Twinsie,"

"No, we can't twin mental health issues,"

"Do you have any others?"

"Anxiety, depression, and anoxic."

"Are you on meds for them?"

"All but the Anoxic,"

"That's good, are you going to go on some,"

"Probably,"

"We are almost to your house, do you want me to stay the night?"

"Please, I swear you are the reason I don't have nightmares,"

"I will stop by my house to get some clothes," Daniel stopped by his house and packed his bag, and we went back to my house. We did our teeth and passed out.