𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮: 𝘗𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴.

(Lavender)

A few days has gone by since i received that message, and perhaps about that, school has started. It's been quite busy days. And i have to admit that It's been rough mentally since I barely meet people at the orphanage.

I walked down the hallway, towards my first lesson of the day, Potion. Potion has been my favorite assignment for years and I must've admit that I'm quite good at it.

As me and Val enters the poison classroom, we are greeted by the pungent smell of various ingredients and a cauldron bubbling over a blue flame. Just as we took our seats, Professor Snape walks in, his black robes billowing, wastes no time in assigning the day's task.

"Today, you will be brewing the Draught of Peace," Snape announces, his voice dripping with disdain. "This potion requires the utmost precision and attention to detail. Failure will not be tolerated."

I looked over to Val as a small smile entered our face's. We always was in the same group, and ofcourse we wanted to nail this assignment together.

"I will divide you into groups today" he said as he looked at me and Val, making us both sigh in response.

He began to divide the groups, and the more divisions, the fear grew inside me. Val had already been paired with Draco. So my chance of getting her, was gone..

Draco and Val has always gotten along well even tho they indeed wanted to rip their hair out of each others by the second year. But something happend by the 3th. They became very good friends and I'm always joking about them to be more than friends..

"Lavender you go with Tom" got my attention. Gosh help me. I swallowed when I heard the name come out of snape's mouth.

"now, begin" professor snape announces, I sighed as both me and val stood up, changing our seats. I walked to the front of the class, towards Tom.

I've never spoken a single word to the boy but what I've heard of him scares me. He's talented, smart and intelligent, but he has a weird personality and are very mean towards a lot of students. But I am not the person to point out a person by what I've heard, but I have to admit that he is strange. We've been in the same class for nearly 5 years and we have not spoken a single word to each others.

As i walked up to tom, hes already gather the ingredients and begin the process. He meticulously chop, measure, and combine the ingredients, following the instructions with utmost care. He didnt let me do anything.

The air fills with a tense silence, broken only by the occasional sound of bubbling cauldrons and the scratching of quills.

"Tom, right?" I said, trying to make some sort of connection with the boy.

"Well, it's a group project. not a get to know each others project" the boy said continued with the project. I get it now, why everyone found him unpleasant. He's not polite.

"So I'm just gonna stand here and look stupid?" I asked him.

"Just shut up" he said making me raise my eyebrows at the boy. I didn't have any expectations. but that he would behave like this the first time we spoke, I could never have believed.

The moment of truth arrives. Snape approaches each cauldron in turn, examining the potions with a critical eye. He pauses at our cauldron, his black eyes narrowing.

"Acceptable," Snape mutters, surprising everyone with his rare praise.

Relief washes over me as i notice that i passed
Snape's rest, although I didn't be able to help. Despite the challenges and the intimidating presence of their professor, both me and Val have managed to succeed in Potions class.