Chapter 16 Am I Dreaming?

I woke up to the light streaming down on my face. I was going to turn over and go back to sleep but when I remembered what happened yesterday, I groaned and got out of bed. I walked to my closet and got dressed in a pair of fitted jeans with a T-shirt and a really thick jacket. Yes we are werewolf's so our body temperature is a bit higher than humans, but we can still get cold. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I stretched my body. Once I heard satisfying pops, I went down-stairs and started to cook breakfast.

A few minutes later, Bryan and Tristan entered the kitchen and made themselves breakfast. They sat down at the dining table and Tristan said, "So when are you planning on heading over? Are you sure that you want to do this? Also, why haven't you told him no, and tried to do it anyway?" "Well, first off, I couldn't do that because mates can smell each other's scent no matter what unless they have a certain plant. I mean I have it, but I don't feel like lying to the person I am supposed to be with for the rest of my life in the first few days of knowing him. I am sure I want to do this, and I won't tell him everything right off the bat either. I will tell him a little at a time and I was thinking of heading over in a little bit. After you two get dressed and cleaned up a bit. I have to put on another jacket though." I told them.

They finally got done a few minutes later so they got up and put their dishes in the sink. "To prevent further time loss, I will do the dishes. You two go and get dressed so we can leave." I said. They nodded their head and went to their rooms.

Moments later, they came out fully dressed and ready to go outside. "Remember, don't run off to your mates please. That is an order, and I don't feel like using my alpha voice. I know that it is going to be really hard to stay away from them but we kinda have to. At least for now while we search for the bastards in charge of my family's murder. If they come to you, then you can go if we aren't in the middle of working on the job. Alright?" I said.

No matter how much I hate to do this, these rules are set so we can get the mission done in the quickest way possible. That way we can spend as much time with our mates as we want when the mission is done. Shit, I forgot about the organization. That will have to wait until after the mission is complete. That is gonna be a bitch to take care of, but I will deal with it when the time comes like everything else.

"Alright, we get it. We're ready to leave so let's go." Tristan said.

We headed out the door and went back into the woods where we were sure to meet some kind of trouble. There is always trouble in the woods. We got to the border between my territory and my mates, and I stopped there. I took one step over the border and waited for wolves to show up.

When a pack marks their territory, they can feel when someone, who is not part of their pack, goes onto the territory. It's very useful when rouges come onto the territory cause you know where they are coming from and can help fend intruders off.

I heard them coming close, so I just stood there and waited for them to make an appearance. When they showed up, I knew my mate was with them and from the breath intake from behind me, Tristan's was to. This is gonna be fun.

"Okay, is there a private place we can talk? I am not talking in the woods when anyone can overhear, or a rouge could pop up out of nowhere." I asked my mate. "We can talk in my office if that's okay with you." He said with a small smile. I know he knows that I accepted the deal so now we just have to work out the small details.

I just nodded my head when he turned around to show us the way. We followed with the other wolves surrounding us as we traveled through the land to the pack house where his office was located. I saw multiple children running around and some pack members stopped and stared at us. I caught a whiff of a familiar scent, but since I had more important things to worry about, I decided to investigate later.