Puzzle

Today is our first day at the new high school, North Coast High School, but this one is different, it's not like Lyn Brooks, this one is immensely smaller than Lyn Brooks, and unlike Lyn Brooks, North Coast's uniforms are navy blue.
But well once again a positive attitude changes the perspective.

Upon entering North Coast everyone had their heads buried in their phones, everyone was very busy writing messages and watching videos, no one realized what was passing by.

I instantly saw Jacob walking towards me, but I decided to ignore him, because he knew him. Had I seen him at the hotdog stand? No, don't even think about it, just ignore his existence as if nothing had happened.

It was time to eat and I sat down because Wren, Arturo and Meison had eaten before us so there were only the two of us.
- Wren, do you see that one there?
- Yeah
- That's the one with the hotdogs, I don't like him.
- This is the first time I've heard you say that you don't like someone, Zoé. Has he done something to you?
- no, nothing
- even if it's just give him a chance he's only one person.

After that I continued eating in silence, deep down I know that Wren is right, but I wasn't going to tell him.

~
The bell rang, it was time to go home, Wren and I stayed waiting for Jonny to come pick us up, as expected, Jacob came to talk to me at that very moment.

- Hey, hot dog.
- Do not call me that way
- You didn't tell me your name
- And I wasn't going to tell you, tell me what you want.
- Come to the Ice Cream stand tomorrow, I have to show you something.

I didn't want to go, but then my mind remembered Wren's little voice saying "even if he is, give him a chance, he's just a person."
I smiled and looked behind him to see if Jonny had arrived and as soon as I saw his car I said goodbye and got into the car with Wren.

~
[ the next day]

That day was Monday, I woke up late, classes started in the afternoon. When they arrived at the living room, everyone was watching the news. The twin towers had been demolished. Wren, Arturo and Meison's parents looked really sad.

When I returned to my room I saw a message from Jacob, he told me to come before nightfall.
I just thought before nightfall it could be now since it hadn't gotten dark yet at all so I got up, changed my clothes and went to the Ice Cream stand.

- What did you want to teach me?
- I knew you would come

Then he let me go behind the ice cream stand and he showed me how they were made. I really had a lot of fun and then we started talking.

-And what sport do you like, Zoé?
- I don't really know, and you?
- Tennis but I don't play tennis anymore.
- because?
- Once I broke a window and then I started hearing screams, I told my father and he forbade me from playing tennis for a while, but I never wanted to play tennis again.

At that moment I felt like all the pieces of the puzzle were coming together, I knew who was to blame for everything that had happened. But it was as simple as looking to my right and knowing that I didn't want revenge. After all, we are humans.