The hardest party

It was another day, it was the morning and I needed to clear my mind so I went out for a run along the Genesee Riverway Trail, everything was very quiet until I ran into someone who looked familiar, tall, curly...
It was Anna.

- Anna, what are you doing here?
I exclaimed as she removed a helmet from my ear.

- Well, my mother was in one of the towers so I came to live with my uncles here.
- What a pity. If you want, my grandmother is organizing a big party at home if you want to come, there will be a lot of people and that
- Mmm, I don't know if I'm going, but give me the invitation and I'll see if I come or not.
- OK

So when she left I kept running and then I came home.

I saw Wren and told her what had happened with Anna.
But I felt that something was wrong with Wren, I also let it go, I didn't think it was something serious.

It seemed that the closer the party got, the more discouraged he became, but I didn't care either, that is to say, each person's problems, I'm not in it.

The day became shorter and shorter and the hours began to fly, the time of the party was approaching and I had forgotten to tell Wren that we were going to sing a song so I ran to look for her.

-Wren! I looked for you everywhere
- Now, what do you need, Zoé.
- We have to sing a song at my grandmother's party.
- And you tell me 2 hours before the party. Zoe, are you serious? Besides the fact that I don't like parties, I have to sing at one.
- Wren just do it, look, this is about joy and friendship, it's so we can all have a good time together. Don't you think?
- Good.
- I knew I could count on you Wren.

So I went down and helped everyone decorate the house for the party, we put up lights, we prepared a table of food that smelled exquisite. My grandmother's Mansion is huge, after decorating it I felt that it was the perfect place to have a party, for this occasion I dressed elegantly, that is, it was a welcome party.

It was time for the party, there was music and people were dancing, I didn't expect so many people to come, it was very fun.
I started looking for Wren in about 30 minutes we had to sing.

- Arturo, where is Wren?
He-he told me that he went to the bathroom.

I ran to the bathroom and ran into Wren.
- Wren, what's wrong with you?

- Tell me since when do you care what happens to me?
Zoe. Tell me!
-Wren.
- I told you I didn't like parties and you still forced me to go. You forgot that my sister died at a party.
- Wren the song.
- Yes, the song, the song that you didn't even ask me if I wanted to sing in front of everyone.
Zoé your friend and you literally ignore me. It may even be worrying about someone other than yourself. You spend your time talking about nothing but yourself every day.
Do you remember a day when we talked about what I feel, Zoé.
- the truth is that I-

Wren slapped me and said.

- even when we talk about me you find a way to be the center of attention.

At that moment I felt that I deserved the slap.

I tried to follow Wren but he had left the Manor.

The time has come to sing the song, which I obviously sang alone.

And after that I sat in a chair in the back, I didn't want to be the center of attention anymore. I limited myself to being a spectator of how others had fun. Then Anna sat next to me.

- Well Zoé, what do you plan to do?
- That ?
- Your best friend just ran out of a party.
- It is my fault
- exactly it's your fault
- You're not supposed to tell me it's not.
- what you want to hear is not always the right thing to say.

So I thought I should go after her, but I also thought I had to be patient and talk to her when the party was over.