friends until death

I ran out of the party without thinking, Zoé was selfish, narcissistic, self-interested, self-centered, greedy, hoarder...
I was thinking of leaving and not coming back, not seeing her again...

I ran as fast as I could to the bus stop. But deep inside me, I knew that Zoé was not my enemy, I waited at the bus stop, it was getting late at night. While waiting I remembered my mother's death.

My mother was being unfaithful to my father at a party, she was too drunk and sick, her lover tried to help her but he couldn't, he gave up very quickly and left her body there, on a street corner.
Remembering that made me shed a tear, a single tear, which slid down my cheek and fell to the ground, while I stood stiffly, standing tall with my hands in my pockets.
It was 1AM, the bus arrived empty, there were 3 people waiting with me, everyone got on the bus except me...
I set foot on the bus and when I stepped on it I remembered good times with Zoé, with Arturo and with Meison

I went back, I arrived at the Mansion and the three of them were cleaning up the remains of the party when the three of them turned towards me and looked at me as if they had never seen me. I swallowed hard, making me go to Zoé and hug her to which Zoe told me.

- You're right Wren, I have been very narcissistic and I forgot that you are also part of me.

*

It was just another day at North Coast High School, I was walking through the hallways with Wren and we saw a sign that said there was a basketball game next Saturday, so I remembered that Arturo was on the basketball team. I told her Wren to which she replied.

-It's true Arturo is very sporty and athletic, I should have assumed it, but he doesn't have any medal or trophy,

- oh really

-Well, he has a medal but I haven't seen anything else.

Wren said as he raised his shoulders and looked as if she wanted to say "something is something."